Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Out of the WR's on the roster who aren't 89.

156 posts in this topic

Posted

You make valid points about Ginn being under utilized and Gettis injury problems. My only thing is Ginn hasn't been know for having good hands and his fear of contact.

I think a number 1 should be able to go over the middle with no problem and that's a ? mark for Ginn.

You might be right.  What gets me is he had a good year a Miami before he signed with SF.  Then he goes to SF with a nobody at QB and disappears.

A. Smith's favorite target was his TE.

I think he has came here with a chip on his shoulder and is out to prove to god and everyone he can be a threat as a WR.   I know we signed him so he could have that opportunity.  KR/PR is IMO a backup plan just in case he didn't pan out as a WR.  He is currently our best KR/KR on the team.

Posted

None.

2 people like this

Posted

Gettis is an enigma...he gave us a taste of how good he could be and then disappeared from our lives for a couple of years.Now he comes back but in some mysterious way cannot find his way back to getting playing time.   

Posted

If you are just talking measureables....it is easily Ginn. That is why he was a first round pick.

Posted

Gettis? The guy fighting for a roster spot and being outplayed be AE? for a guy who was driving the don't draft a wr bandwagon you have to come with a better solution than David fuging Gettis.

4 people like this

Posted

It is going to be interesting to see Ginn play with Cam because he really hasn't played with QB's that can get him the ball deep. IF he can just catch a few deep balls and help lift the top off the defense it'll make things a lot easier for Olsen/Lafell and our backs.

Posted

Gettis doesn't play. Plain and Simple. So many people here seem to forget just how clutch Lafell has been lately. He makes the big catch at the big moment and Cam seem to go to him in those situations. This may not meet the criteria for the question but I just don't get the lack of love/respect for the one WR outside of 89 that has given us at the very least, something.

2 people like this

Posted

Gettis? The guy fighting for a roster spot and being outplayed be AE? for a guy who was driving the don't draft a wr bandwagon you have to come with a better solution than David fuging Gettis.

I refer you to the 1st post.

A Statement like "based on measurment and skillsets kinda explains my answer". Funny how other people didn't have a problem with the plot here.

Posted

Gettis doesn't play. Plain and Simple. So many people here seem to forget just how clutch Lafell has been lately. He makes the big catch at the big moment and Cam seem to go to him in those situations. This may not meet the criteria for the question but I just don't get the lack of love/respect for the one WR outside of 89 that has given us at the very least, something.

I said in the 1st post that was a negative for Gettis.

But Based on his size, speed, ability he showed the few times we saw him and age I picked him.

I'm the biggest Lafell fan here but based on skillset and speed I give more upside to Gettis. But this is just my opinion.

Posted

Well, we can go ahead and eliminate Ginn and Hixon from the list. They've been in the league 4+ years, and have shown they're not capable of being #1's.

I guess the only possible answer to this is Gettis. I don't see it with him, so I'm going to say none. Hopefully, I'm wrong about Gettis. He does have ideal size and speed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I saw a video on Panthers.com where Cam was saying he underthrew Ginn.  He was not happy about it.  He said he will NEVER underthrow Ginn again.  He might overthrow but never underthrow.

That sounds like taking the top off to me.  

Wouldn't be cool to get Gettis, Smitty and Ginn flying deep.  One of them would be single covered or Dump off to Barner with tons of room to run.

Posted

Well, we can go ahead and eliminate Ginn and Hixon from the list. They've been in the league 4+ years, and have shown they're not capable of being #1's.

I guess the only possible answer to this is Gettis. I don't see it with him, so I'm going to say none. Hopefully, I'm wrong about Gettis. He does have ideal size and speed.

Hey I can't dispute your opinion. I will say that at 28 Ginn and Hixon could play for 6 or 7 more years. Late bloomer to the highest level I know but it can happen.

1 person likes this