Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Out of the WR's on the roster who aren't 89.

156 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Lamont Bryant is a beast and I'd love to see him break out. He's a specimen.

We've heard zero about him so far during the OTAs and the mini camp. Doesn't seem he's making any kind of impression.

Posted · Report post

Who has the best Skill sets and Measurable to be a number 1 wr?

I pick Gettis.

Plain and simple

You can't teach 6'3 with 4'3 speed. He wasn't bad his rookie year. He doesn't have bad hands and he's still young.

Only Negatives is this knee injury he hasn't been able to come back from yet and this mystery reason why he isn't getting more opportunities.

Who do you think??

I refer some people to the first post in the thread again.

In scouting you're looking for a prototype. That means the best size speed and hand combination. That's all this question was. Based on this criteria which WR on the roster has the best combination of this. That's all.

Posted · Report post

I would rather have an offense that did not have to rely on a #1 guy.  Like the Packers or Pats, they don't really have a superstar WR, just guys that are put into positions that they excel with.  You guys are hyping up Gettis, but we don't even really know if he will make the team at this point...so maybe lets not get our hopes up?  Anyway, I think none of the guys on our roster could even hope to be the next Steve Smith in terms of production...looking at a rookie to come in next year as a probable high pick.

Posted · Report post

Didn't Gettis tear it up with Cam in training camp a few years ago before he got hurt? 

Not trying to sound like a homer but:

He's not a rookie. He has real game experience. He's played at a high level in the NFL - as many yards as Steve Smith in 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

If he gets on the field, he will help this team tremendously as he has all the tools to be elite - just needs to gain back the confidence and work ethic. Both will come if the coaches show confidence in him.

Posted · Report post

wow, before injury he had dez Bryant numbers with no starting qb. If he is healthy then he will have no problem making the roster with less than stellar competition, guaranteed.

Gettis? The guy fighting for a roster spot and being outplayed be AE? for a guy who was driving the don't draft a wr bandwagon you have to come with a better solution than David fuging Gettis.

Posted · Report post

Didn't Gettis tear it up with Cam in training camp a few years ago before he got hurt? 

Not trying to sound like a homer but:

He's not a rookie. He has real game experience. He's played at a high level in the NFL - as many yards as Steve Smith in 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

If he gets on the field, he will help this team tremendously as he has all the tools to be elite - just needs to gain back the confidence and work ethic. Both will come if the coaches show confidence in him.

wow, before injury he had dez Bryant numbers with no starting qb. If he is healthy then he will have no problem making the roster with less than stellar competition, guaranteed.

I always thought Gettis had a chance, but the vibe the coaching staff puts off says otherwise. Also a lot of media guy have been saying, they hear his time is almost up. We don't know how credible that is, but it does seem as tho this staff isn't really high on him.

Posted · Report post

You guy saying Lafell isnt worth being a number 2 but Ginn and some practice squad guys are set to be number 1s are really crazy. If we ever end up in a situation were Ginn is the best WR on our team we are screwed. Number 1s need to do one thing 1st, catch the ball almost always. Sound like Ginn? 2nd they need to run reliable routes and have the burst to get open and strength to battle for passes. we dont have one on the team if Smitty goes down. But lets not bash Lafell and act like he is in the class of scrubs. Dude catches the ball everytime, and he is reliable, he only lacks the burst to be a number 1. if we want a number one to take the role of Smith it is not on our current roster, stop dreaming.

Posted · Report post

This is true imo but the staff wasn't high on lafell either when they brought in legs, there was a lot of talk how rr was disappointed in their production. I'm not sold on rr's perception of camp gems. I know dg said the starters might already be on the roster and I agree. I believe David Gettis will make the team, ae will make it based on mini camp and pr, pilares likely will stick around but Adams will probably be practice squad bound as well as Bryant. Imo only.

I always thought Gettis had a chance, but the vibe the coaching staff puts off says otherwise. Also a lot of media guy have been saying, they hear his time is almost up. We don't know how credible that is, but it does seem as tho this staff isn't really high on him.

Posted · Report post

Gettis had two big catches that gave him a good game that made him just barely out produce Lafell in 2010. 

Posted · Report post

This is true imo but the staff wasn't high on lafell either when they brought in legs, there was a lot of talk how rr was disappointed in their production. I'm not sold on rr's perception of camp gems. I know dg said the starters might already be on the roster and I agree. I believe David Gettis will make the team, ae will make it based on mini camp and pr, pilares likely will stick around but Adams will probably be practice squad bound as well as Bryant. Imo only.

Legs was brought in because LaFell and Gettis both were struggling with the scheme. He knew the system in and out and was really a teacher/place holder til the young guys grasped the scheme.

I think Gettis CAN make the squad, but I believe he'll have to make a drastic upward trend. I feel as tho he may have regressed or hasn't progressed in his time off the field. He better step up. And step up, big time or he's as good as gone.

Posted · Report post

I think Gettis has the potential to be a #1 but I'm going to wait until training camp and preseason to make my assessment. Because I really do believe one of the WR are going to step up and take the position. Outside of the rookies none of them have an excuse because they should know the playbook so it put up or shut up time for the guys that's on the roster.

Posted · Report post

I just want to say that possession receivers can play the 1 also, they just tend to be more balanced when they are. Imo LaFell fits that to a T.

Though I am pulling hard for #12,  I just think #11 deserves his due respect.

1 person likes this