81 replies to this topic

#76 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Back when I was still somewhat religious, I prayed on rare occasion...

I only did so, usually, out of some inner turmoil that I had to overcome.

I did hear a voice once. It was a direct answer to something I had prayed about, and shortly after praying.

Also, I had a rather odd and fitting coincidence after praying another time, not too far removed from hearing the voice.

Go figure that I'm pretty much anti-organized religion now, and tend to have more faith in tangible things.

#77 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Wow....you really got me there. You called me old...what will I ever do?

Old and wise is a much better place to be than young and stupid.....I am assuming you are young, but we are all sure that you are stupid.

Ohhhhhhhhh. And he follows it up with a Dad dissssssssss.

Keep it up Sheltered McBluster.

#78 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Surprised nobody hasn't brought up the fact that Jesus was not a rarity, there were a lot of guys running around claiming to be the messiah, leading groups of people, making so called miracles ( I guess you pray over sick people all day, law of averages say some will survive and heal or as they call it, miracle), and so on. There is essentially only one thing that distinguished Jesus from the rest, he died for his beliefs. That is one of the biggest reasons people bought into Jesus being anything other than a regular guy that got a lot of followers. Luckily, his christianity also got a Roman backing and thus the Christian religion took off.

Bottom line, there are millions of people that worship a guy that they believe is the son of god because he died for his beliefs, yet how often have people died for their beliefs? Suicide bombers, Japanese kamikaze, persecuted Christians burned alive and other tortures, and so on. So if the one thing that is supposed to be proof that Jesus was for real isn't such an uncommon thing, what proof is there that Jesus was anymore than a regular guy? Take that further and praying to him seems just as silly.

#79 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

...as silly as rooting for a football team named after objects of prayer?

#80 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

#81 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,858 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

I just prayed that I would get a Puppy Brother...for show n tell.

Waiting...

..... No puppy brother yet... or world peace..Or Alex Len/ Anthony Bennett for the Hornets.

#82 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,269 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

that is fascinating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.