Texas to Join Stone Age

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

House Democrats used parliamentary tactics to draw out the debate for 15 hours Sunday night and into Monday morning, pointing out technical mistakes in the process or trying to tack on amendments to fundamentally change the bill. Democrats also showed up more than two hours late Monday morning.

Supporters say the bill would improve women's health care. Opponents warn it would shut down 37 out of 42 abortion clinics in the state, leaving wide swaths of Texas without access.

Sunday night's debate was grueling, and the bill's sponsor stopped answering questions after she got into trouble denying Democratic amendments. When Rep. Senfronia Thompson, D-Houston, called for an exemption for women who were victims of rape and incest, Rep. Jody Laubenberg, R-Parker, explained why she felt it was unnecessary.

"In the emergency room they have what's called rape kits where a woman can get cleaned out," she said, comparing the procedure to an abortion. "The woman had five months to make that decision, at this point we are looking at a baby that is very far along in its development."

Her apparent confusion about "rape kits" — a phrase generally used to describe the equipment used by medical personnel during forensic examinations to gather physical evidence following allegations of rape or sexual assault — sparked widespread ridicule on social media sites. Laubenberg then simply rejected all proposed changes to her bill without speaking until the end of the debate

http://www.startribu...yle/health/2127

Out of embarrassment due to her complete lack of knowledge, the bill's sponsor simply shouted down all dissent.

How supremely conservative.

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

The proposal would ban abortions after the 20th week of pregnancy, require doctors to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals and limit abortions to surgical centers. Other states have passed similar bills, but few have the full set.

See nothing wrong with those proposals...regardless of the confusion of the bill sponsor over that item.  Stone age?  Only one resembling ancient civilizations are those that promote the destruction of unwanted 20+ week old fetuses.  In light of the butcher mills that have been exposed, I think this is just fine.  Leave it to pro-aborts to argue the continuation of "nearly" unregulated abortion clinics being kept open. 

#3 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,776 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

oh look, another deep red state wants to force abortion providers to get admitting privileges for "patient safety" purposes.  we don't want more icky kermit gosnells, do we?

it isn't about that and it never has been.  everybody involved in this game knows that hospitals are hesitant to grant admitting privileges to abortion providers.  it's legislation crafted to railroad providers out of the state regardless of how qualified they are to perform the procedure.

the exact same thing happened in mississippi and the lieutenant governor in that state is on record that that was the aim of their bill:

The bill "should effectively close the only abortion clinic in Mississippi," said Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves in a statement. "This is a strong bill that will effectively end abortion in Mississippi." If the state's only abortion facility, Jackson Women's Health Organization, closes, Mississippi women seeking abortions would have to leave the state.

http://www.cnn.com/2...tion/?c=&page=0

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Liberals...build a hospital. 

#5 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,776 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Liberals...build a hospital. 

considering a federal district judge blocked all enforcement of the mississippi law i mentioned back in april, we may not have to.

sorry :(.  good luck texas.

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Liberals have judge shopping down to a science. 

#7 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,776 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Liberals have judge shopping down to a science. 

i agree, this would have never happened if the guy was, say, a dubya apointee.

you know it's coming

http://www.fjc.gov/s...e=na&instate=na

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

So was Shulman...but we see how that all ended up.  Some dudes have crazy wives.

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

See nothing wrong with those proposals...regardless of the confusion of the bill sponsor over that item.  Stone age?  Only one resembling ancient civilizations are those that promote the destruction of unwanted 20+ week old fetuses.  In light of the butcher mills that have been exposed, I think this is just fine.  Leave it to pro-aborts to argue the continuation of "nearly" unregulated abortion clinics being kept open. 

There are plenty of places that agree with your assessments. Unfortunately they usually don't have 24 hour access to electricity or running water, so take your pick.

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Anyone that has gone and have seen their own child in the womb at 20 weeks should not be ok with optional abortion at that time. It is obvious that at that time it is a human being.

Except in cases of the mothers health I don't think it should be legal. If you waited 20 weeks to make that decision after getting knocked up then that's on you. Have the baby and give up for adoption.

#11 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,949 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Repubs love making you birth the kid..then have nothing to do with it once its born.

Rape Kits...I wish the Purge was real.

Agree with 20+ weeks being way past acceptable for any Abortion considerations unless health was a concern.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

You know how gun nuts protest every single idea to help stop gun violence no matter how much sense it makes or how simple it is?

This is the same thing except for real - except the left does not want to ban all guns, but the right wants to ban all abortions.

#13 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

You know how gun nuts protest every single idea to help stop gun violence no matter how much sense it makes or how simple it is?

This is the same thing except for real - except the left does not want to ban all guns, but the right wants to ban all abortions.

Accurate

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

And to add to this, neither will ever go away.

#15 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

U know, I have yet to find one case where a fetus existence threatened the mothers life. not one. Not saying it has never happened, but... I mean how long does it take to prep someone for abortion. It could take days depending on how far along the mother is. Compare this to the time it takes for life saving measures to be applied. (The criteria I use for life threatening, is the rules for triage in ER) just saying. I would be interested in reading anything any one could find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com