Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texas to Join Stone Age

111 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't thing G5s thought processes go into that many levels.

Thats only 2 levels btw

Posted

The filibuster only need hold a few more hours...

Posted

Almost there...

Posted

Since when has human life past 20 weeks of development become a matter of opinion.  You're of the opinion it can/should be put to death at the whim of any potential mother.  Why not 24 weeks...or 32.  Amazed at the logic some use to justify death of something that has civil rights no more than a few inches of travel. 

Just so you know...I have no enforcement power.

the whole point of the debate is that it's not cut-and-dried human life. you're framing the argument like it's "to kill human life or not to kill, that's the question of the hour" with liberals sharpening the baby knives and republicans grabbing shields to stop them. maybe you could try acknowledging that there is a legitimate philosophical debate as to when life starts and ends. it might clear your lens of reasoning and enter the mainstream relevancy in a national dialogue instead of standing on the fringe demanding justice for babykillers.

that being said, this is one issue that i tend to be fairly conservative on. i think, for ethical reasons, that erring on the side of caution is a solid plan, and i'm all for term limits on abortions past the age of viability.

Posted

These little ladies just need a man to tell them what's good for them.

Posted

edit: nevermind, tired, rude. :P

Posted

w6hNSoW.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Here are a very upset Dewhurst’s full remarks to the chamber and press:

“Members, the constitutional time for the first called session for the 83rd Legislature has expired. Senate Bill 5 cannot be signed in the presence of the Senate at this time and therefore cannot be enrolled. It’s been fun, but, uh, see you soon.

“I know it’s late and I’m sorry but I’ve got a couple of sentence I want to say and that’s really all I want to say for this evening. This is the most incredible thing I’ve ever seen in my life. An unruly mob using Occupy Wall Street tactics has tried all day to derail legislation that has been intended to protect the lives and the safety of women and babies. SB 5 passed 19-10 but with all the ruckus and noise going on I couldn’t adjourn sine die pending completion of administrative duties. And right now I cannot sign the … bill. So I’m very frustrated.

“I didn’t lose control over what we were doing, we had an unruly mob of hundreds if not a thousand people in here who were screaming and yelling and we couldn’t communicate with our members.”

emot-qq.gif

Posted

the whole point of the debate is that it's not cut-and-dried human life. you're framing the argument like it's "to kill human life or not to kill, that's the question of the hour" with liberals sharpening the baby knives and republicans grabbing shields to stop them. maybe you could try acknowledging that there is a legitimate philosophical debate as to when life starts and ends. it might clear your lens of reasoning and enter the mainstream relevancy in a national dialogue instead of standing on the fringe demanding justice for babykillers.

that being said, this is one issue that i tend to be fairly conservative on. i think, for ethical reasons, that erring on the side of caution is a solid plan, and i'm all for term limits on abortions past the age of viability.

WIth constant advances in science, the "age" of viability has shifted.  Do you need some measurement criteria to judge if someone lives or dies?  If so, what?  Are you willing to support/pass laws that require this measurement prior to every abortion that is near the cut off date?  I can assure you a lot of very vocal persons would not be.  In order to put teeth to your belief, you have to make tough decisions on where/what/how you decide on who's worthy of the civil protections of the federal government.  There is no pre-birth APGAR system to date. 

Posted

Filibuster worked.  Good for them.  Perry is forced to call another session if needing to pass. 

Posted

Shame on them for trying this crap. You gotta be kidding me

Immediately following the vote, Republicans insisted they had started voting before the midnight deadline and passed the bill that Democrats spent much of Tuesday filibustering. But after official computer records and printouts of the voting record showed the vote took place Wednesday, and then were changed to read Tuesday, the senators convened for a private meeting.

and kudos to Davis for a marathon filibuster 

http://www.wcnc.com/news/national/213111911.html