Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANCIENT ALIENS! Proof!

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Even if you were to instantly travel to another spot in the universe, you'd be looking at the Earth a long, long time ago. So no, theoretically it still wouldn't work.

This is solely based on your individual light perception. Even if you somehow manipulate space/time from YOUR perspective, you can't change the actual physics of the working universe.

Okay so pretend that I am immortal and will live forever. And I wait the requisite time until I would have sent the probe. THEN could I see it?

Posted

Plausible.

However, I'd hate to see size of your food/water storage.

Posted

How so? Mind you, I believe in extra dimensional beings. But I was trying to illustrate how everything in our universe is there whether we see it as light or not. Like the fish can't see the salt dissolved in water. The salt has been broken down at a molecular level. It still interacts with it though.

The fish does not interact with people even though people interact with it. They exist in two different dimensions. The tools that the fisherman uses to interact with the fish are not out of the fish perception, they don't exist in its universe

I agree with all of that. The entire frequency range of EM activity exists all around us all the time, but we only have the ability to experience and comprehend a very small portion of it, just like a fish does with water even though the greater reality outside the pond is unbelievably more vast. The fish cannot interact with us on a par that is equivalent to our interaction with it, because of their limited senses of perception.

This video should offer a little bit more clarity on what i'm trying to portray...

Posted

Plausible.

However, I'd hate to see size of your food/water storage.

Lol, food/water storage.

But that is interesting concept, N'est-ce pas?

Posted

Okay so pretend that I am immortal and will live forever. And I wait the requisite time until I would have sent the probe. THEN could I see it?

You already are immortal and will live forever.

1 person likes this

Posted

For example.

Proxima Centauri, the next closest star other than Sol, is @ 4.2421 light years away.

that's @4.2421 light years x @6,000,000,000,000 miles/light year

that's @25,452,600,000,000 miles and Julian years away.

Therefore, if you go there instantaneously, you'd have to sit around @25 and a half trillion years to get your message.

I hope it is an important one.

The best possible solution would to be to travel back in time 25 and a half trillion years to the point of the universe in which Earth hangs, send your message, and then go back @51 trillion years to where that that star hangs and get your message pretty quick. Quick being subjective, of course. lol

Posted

I agree with all of that. The entire frequency range of EM activity exists all around us all the time, but we only have the ability to experience and comprehend a very small portion of it, just like a fish does with water even though the greater reality outside the pond is unbelievably more vast. The fish cannot interact with us on a par that is equivalent to our interaction with it, because of their limited senses of perception.

This video should offer a little bit more clarity on what i'm trying to portray...

Lol, cute vid. Even the part where he fingered the little Ms PAC-man creature. Good thing Mr PAC-man didn't see it!,

1 person likes this

Posted

This video should offer a little bit more clarity on what i'm trying to portray...

You're talking about extra dimensions, not the electromagnetic spectrum.  Though we cant process the EM spectrum with our senses (outside of the small visible light range), we interact with EM radiation all the time and have made machines and instruments which detect and measure virtually the entire spectrum.

Extra dimensions on the other hand are a complete unknown to us.  We exist separately

Posted

Speaking of other dimensions/ghosts/EM check out this video. Very creepy stuff, although of course there's the possibility it's a fake.

Posted

People always act like it's a forgone conclusion that if there is alien life, they are logically way more advanced than us. There almost certainly is life outside of Earth, and it's probably a planet of sloths and sheep and plants. Human beings evolved due to pretty specific circumstances that may never happen again in the history of this universe or any other.

I think this is the really interesting part of the equation.  Of all the different species that have resulted from evolution, humans are completely and totally unique in their consciousness and culture, and its really difficult to gauge how rare those traits would be.

Looking at earth on a timeline:

• 4.5 billion years ago the earth formed and
  • 4 billion years ago basic single celled life formed (earth had to cool down and stuff), this starts photosynthesis which oxygenates the atmosphere
  • 1.5 billion years ago, multi-cellular life finally forms. Most scientists think it took so long because because the planet was not quite warm enough (the sun wasnt as hot back then)
  • 530 million (0.53 bil) years ago, the Cambrian explosion starts, evolution goes into overdrive and life proliferates and diversifies
  • Modern humans come around about 200,000 years ago

Posted

You're talking about extra dimensions, not the electromagnetic spectrum.  Though we cant process the EM spectrum with our senses (outside of the small visible light range), we interact with EM radiation all the time and have made machines and instruments which detect and measure virtually the entire spectrum.

Extra dimensions on the other hand are a complete unknown to us.  We exist separately

I would argue otherwise, and suggest that dimensions are no more than different pockets of conscious experience found within the same all-encompassing electromagnetic spectrum that makes up all that is. Sure, we can interact with different esoteric forms of radiation in this reality, but only to the extent that we can comprehend it with our limited senses.

Posted

People always act like it's a forgone conclusion that if there is alien life, they are logically way more advanced than us. There almost certainly is life outside of Earth, and it's probably a planet of sloths and sheep and plants. Human beings evolved due to pretty specific circumstances that may never happen again in the history of this universe or any other.

I think you're absolutely right.  But in all fairness people usually think about this in the context of intelligent life that contacts us.  In that regard it's safe to say that they'd be a lot more intelligent.

This assume, of course, that any sufficiently advanced alien would even want to communicate with us.  The analogy I've always liked is building a road.  Do we try to explain to every ant colony we come across what a highway is and why we're building it?