• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

The NY Times just ran a piece on him and this case as they review the top stories of past decades. Its a pretty crazy story. A teenage girl fabricates a story about being raped by a bunch of men, one of them the assistant DA. Al Sharpton jumps in and starts crapping all over the place. It comes out later that Al knew it was a hoax and kept at it. Sharpton then was found guilty of defamation in court.

http://www.nytimes.c...andal.html?_r=0

A Sharpton associate told the news media at the time that Ms. Brawley’s lawyers, C. Vernon Mason and Alton H. Maddox Jr., and Mr. Sharpton were “frauds from the beginning.”

And about six months after the hoax, Ms. Brawley’s former boyfriend told Newsday that she had invented the allegations, apparently to avoid a beating by her mother’s boyfriend after running away from home for four days.

Last week, Retro Report interviewed Mr. Sharpton and asked whether, 25 years later, he felt that any crime had occurred at all.

“Whatever happened,” he answered, “you’re dealing with a minor who was missing four days. So it’s clear that something wrong happened.”

Not exactly contrite.

So it seems ole Al is still insisting something happened and won't back down from his baseless accusations that ruined lives of the falsely accused. Should he go on the record and apologize to the people he wrongly accused?

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Did Al run over your dog too or something?

#3 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just read it the other day and thought it was worthy of discussion. It was a pretty major case when I was a kid, don't remember much of it until recently.

#4 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yeah thats bad but what about Charles Stuart or Susan Smith?

Weird that you are more outraged about this when these were obviously way worse.

#5 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yeah thats bad but what about Charles Stuart or Susan Smith?

Weird that you are more outraged about this when these were obviously way worse.

Nah, they are all idiots too. Clearly.

Feel free to start a thread about those cases to.

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,947 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Susan Smith was racist?  I thought she was just an insane murderer of children?

#7 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Okay, so the allegation of him supposedly knowing that it was all a hoax and continuing on with it is based on one supposed statement by an "associate" of his? Can we get some more information about this person?

Was this individual still working for Sharpton at the time? Was he fired? Was he disgruntled?

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Susan Smith was racist?  I thought she was just an insane murderer of children?

I think his point was she was worse than a racist. And he is right, she was a monster.

Al Sharpton is just an idiot.

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Okay, so the allegation of him supposedly knowing that it was all a hoax and continuing on with it is based on one supposed statement by an "associate" of his? Can we get some more information about this person?

Was this individual still working for Sharpton at the time? Was he fired? Was he disgruntled?

Not sure. He was found guilty in civil court for it. I am sure there should be records out there.

Its really not hard to believe though, given the fact that to this day Sharpton still says something happened when everyone knows the actual truth.

#10 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

Nah, they are all idiots too. Clearly.

Feel free to start a thread about those cases to.

No I think I'll do it right here if you don't mind.

Charles Stuart killed his wife, blamed a black dude and killed himself when poo hit the fan

Susan Smith killed her kid and blamed a black dude while trying to kill herself. Where's that OP?

#11 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

No I think I'll do it right here if you don't mind.

Charles Stuart killed his wife, blamed a black dude and killed himself when shit hit the fan

Susan Smith killed her kid and blamed a black dude while trying to kill herself. Where's that OP?

Are you asking me why I didn't write about it or asking me my thoughts on it? I am happy to give you any opinions I have.

#12 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yeah I'd like your opinion of why this particular thing caused you such outrage enough to write a thread about it when the examples I listed are way worse.

Other than the fact that you're a hypocrite:

#13 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Yeah I'd like your opinion of why this particular thing caused you such outrage enough to write a thread about it when the examples I listed are way worse.

Other than the fact that you're a hypocrite.

nice name calling.... Also, I noticed you brought race into the discussion. Not sure why. Strange.

Anyways, I read the Al Sharpton thing last week as the NYTimes published it a few weeks ago. While the other cases you mentioned are definitely much worse, they hadn't been brought up in the media lately so they weren't anywhere in my recent memory.

#14 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,745 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Also I'd like to hear your opinion on why this:

Zod will speak on black family structure in a heartbeat. He is an expert on the black home.But you ask him to speak on black ecomonics or comment on why blacks shouldnt rely on whites for jobs and he's got nothing to say. Just totally dodges the question.The people on stormfront attack the black family a lot too.

is worse than this:

I'd say GS and SZ would be in full support of a white-free America.

Or you can be Kamau Kambon and call for the extermination of all white people! But he's a black man. It's ok to say things like that.

#15 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

They are all pretty ignorant. I hadn't seen that. I will be sure yourmomslover is dealt with, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com