Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFL Third Place Game?

83 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Make it so, number one.

Posted · Report post

Won't work in the NFL.

Take that however you wish.

Posted · Report post

Won't work in the NFL.

Take that however you wish.

How DARE you go into gucci's own personal thread and disagree with him without providing gucci  approved facts and opinions.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yup. Points have been made already, but evidently he feels his points are superior in every way.

We'll juwt have to disagree ;)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

glad you guys came to your senses.

Posted · Report post

Wait how did this make it to 6 pages? I was only here for page 1, and I thought it was pretty much settled when I realized that 3 posters above me posted pretty much the same thing in a row.

Posted · Report post

Wait how did this make it to 6 pages? I was only here for page 1, and I thought it was pretty much settled when I realized that 3 posters above me posted pretty much the same thing in a row.

because i dont take no for an answer

Posted · Report post

because i dont take no for an answer

I bet the chicks just dig that.

From what I can tell, your idea is not going very well for you. Too many holes in the theory. Contrary to your fotbol intellect. POFEFESSIONAL football players are conditioned to work to be the best. They would not want to play for third place.

Two sets of fans would watch this game. Fans of the two teams. And the ones that tune in because nothing else is on. Most sports fans played sports. They don't care about third place either. So the ratings would probably suck.

The incentives you speak of would not be enough to sway players into playing. You couldn't offer much more than Prow Bowl money, and I don't see Pros playing for that little in a meaningless game. Because offer enough to entice the guys to play could cheapen the Super Bowl.

Also, why would fans tune in for a glorified preseason game? Where the stars fans really want to see may not even play? Sounds like a sure fire ratings nightmare. I'm sure advertisers would line up for this. So I don't see enough money for the NFL, to make this feasible.

Sorry dude. Your idea won't fly. But hellz, I'll give you credit for the idea.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I never thought about that point either that the stars would not play. it would be like the preseason- a great chance for The second string guys to make a name for themselves and pointless for everyone else.

Posted · Report post

Exactly.  There is no silver medal in football either just another loser so why have a bronze.

panthers2003nfcchampring_display_image.j

Posted · Report post

panthers2003nfcchampring_display_image.j

Good point, never thought of it that way.