53 replies to this topic

#16 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

If Chicago can afford him they are likely to pursue him (and possibly Hendo as well).......they have been lacking a decent 2 guard for years. With the emergence of Butler and a Deng trade looming, SG will once again be a void for them

#17 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Mayo would be an upgrade over Hendo.

Exactly and Mayo will command more money than Hendo also. Which likely means we will stick with Hendo.

#18 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,085 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

He is NOT an upgrade over Hendo.  I don't understand why people would think so.  Hendo's only knock is health.  Second half of the season when he was healthy he scored 19ppg, 4rbg, 3.4assists, and a steal.  Mayo shot like 18ppg pre-all star and only 10ppg post all-star.  Hendo obviously is a much better defender.  So why would you take Mayo over Hendo?  Unless he's vastly cheaper I don't see the reason.  Mayo DID play every single game last season so that is something to be said, but I think Hendo is overall, better. 

#19 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• ALL-PRO
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

He is NOT an upgrade over Hendo.  I don't understand why people would think so.  Hendo's only knock is health.  Second half of the season when he was healthy he scored 19ppg, 4rbg, 3.4assists, and a steal.  Mayo shot like 18ppg pre-all star and only 10ppg post all-star.  Hendo obviously is a much better defender.  So why would you take Mayo over Hendo?  Unless he's vastly cheaper I don't see the reason.  Mayo DID play every single game last season so that is something to be said, but I think Hendo is overall, better. 

Cant look just at stats. Mavs have a lot more scoring options than we do. Hendo was many times our 1 or 2 option. Also based on the team we are developing the idea is to have somebody who can stretch the floor and hit the 3. Mayo does that. 

#20 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

GTFO!

SMDH!

Talk about homerism.

#21 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,085 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hardly homerism, but what IS true is that Bobcats/Hornets fans underrate Henderson.  If he wasn't as good as I'm saying, do you think other teams would be wanting him?  We'd sign him to a 4-5 mill a year contract easily!  The rest of the league realizes that Hendo is a good SG, why can't you?  

FYI, Mayo WAS the #1 scoring option in Dallas for a good chunk of the season, when Dirk came back though, he slid down to maybe 2nd scoring option, but no less of a "option" than Henderson was.  I also don't understand how it's not a compliment that if the other team knows someone is a #1 scoring option, and yet they STILL score like Hendo does. 

Stop wanting a new player just to have a new player, it's silly.  I'd rather focus on actual upgrades to the team, like a big.   You guys like 9 years old and want a new toy when your old toy is just as good and maybe even better?

#22 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,691 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Pekovic as option A, JJ Hickson as option B. Pick up a bench player that's a 3pt shooter. Kick Thomas out and call it a day. 

#23 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Pretty much every basketball metric has Gerald Henderson rated much higher than O.J. Mayo. It's not homerism. It's facts.

#24 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• ALL-PRO
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

From a pure basketball standpoint we need somebody to stretch the floor. Everything Cho has been doing is to create a balanced team. If Hendo can be that SG I am all for it. He showed that he can start hitting the 3 but once again I am looking for consistency from him. 

Mayo is like the shiny new toy. I am not going to lie about that. I would love to have somebody who can create his own shot and hit the 3. 

#25 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,989 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Fans hideously underrate Kemba and Henderson, while propping up MKG and Biyombo WAAAAAYYY more than they deserve.

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

He is NOT an upgrade over Hendo. I don't understand why people would think so. Hendo's only knock is health. Second half of the season when he was healthy he scored 19ppg, 4rbg, 3.4assists, and a steal. Mayo shot like 18ppg pre-all star and only 10ppg post all-star. Hendo obviously is a much better defender. So why would you take Mayo over Hendo? Unless he's vastly cheaper I don't see the reason. Mayo DID play every single game last season so that is something to be said, but I think Hendo is overall, better.

Stats is deceiving and especially in this scenario. Mayo brings more to the table than Hendo. At this point and time I'm not so worry about losing Hendo's defense bc MKG and Jeff Taylor can replace that. A lot of people here wouldn't even know who Hendo is of he didn't play for Duke and the Bobcats. Mayo is clearly, clearly a better player than Hendo will ever be.

#27 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

I would be all for a mayo signing at the right price

#28 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,085 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think "Bobcats" fans on this site sometimes watch other teams more than they are watching the Bobcats (Dallas for example).   Hendo has been good on a terrible team, pair him with respectable people not named Kemba and he'll be good to go.  You're right stats aren't always the end all, but when everything points to Hendo stat wise, and when Hendo's defense is much better, and when Hendo actually wants to play here.......  

Jeff Taylor is a bench player, not a starter, that's why he was a 2nd rounder, I like him, but he can't replace Hendo, and MKG plays SF.

#29 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• ALL-PRO
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

If we have such amazing players that don't need to be upgraded why have we been so bad? Do we have all the ingredients and they are just too young? No to be honest if we have an opportunity to upgrade with another young player you do so. 

#30 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Henderson is better but Mayo fits this team better, so im going with Mayo. This team lacks a 3 pt shooter and Mayo can do just that. Henderson is good but a lineup of kemba-mayo-mkg-zeller-biyombo would be a very good young and balanced team.

Id love to have Henderson back, but since we have mkg, id rather get someone who can score, and mayo can/will do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users