• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#16 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,586 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Ah well we movin' on up (movin' on up), to the east side (movin' on up), to a dee-lux apartment in the skyyyy

#17 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

I havent read that anywhere yet this morning, but that would be great news if true.  We need to go ahead and get our front court setup with Jefferson, Zeller, Biyombo, and Haywood/Thomas.  Work on the backcourt(getting a star player), and depth next season.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

LOL I told you guys we would go after Al Jefferson because we need a post scorer.

I know my basketball people!

Lol. Yea this is funny. I mean it was pretty much thought of for a long while now by everyone.

#19 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

I think it would be wise for us to get out in front with Jefferson while the Howard drama unfolds.

The thing that sucks about A- being a smaller market and B- sucking is that we will probably have to be more aggressive with our offer to FAs than other teams (I.e. overpay).

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

I havent read that anywhere yet this morning, but that would be great news if true. We need to go ahead and get our front court setup with Jefferson, Zeller, Biyombo, and Haywood/Thomas. Work on the backcourt(getting a star player), and depth next season.

http://probasketball...in-free-agency/

And if you have apps, try "bleacher report". BR does a great and fast job of reporting news. You can keep up with your favorite teams news. As much as some people hates BR, I love it.

#21 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Thanks.  I just searched Al Jefferson on twitter and its legit.  Bobcats want Jefferson.

#22 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,094 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Would be awesome, but I'd be surprised.  He may end up going to whomever Howard doesn't pick.  How about Assik from Houston, they are trying to dump him to make room.  Adding Jefferson would give us an all-star and the best player in franchise history automatically.  Zeller/Biz can rotate in and out and Jefferson/Biz as well.  Would be fun to watch at least.

#23 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,382 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

I had court side tickets to the Bobcats/Jazz game this past year and Jefferson is a really cool guy.

Someone yelled out to him that he sucks and he replied is that why I got 16 points and 6 rebounds lol. He was talking to the fans the whole game, it's almost like he actually liked Charlotte.

He finished with 26 points and 8 rebounds.

#24 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

YOLO must be Rod Higgins!

Oh you ain't know?

YOLO!

#25 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,382 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

HOBO

Is more like that guy that sits around playing 2k 14 hours in a 24 hour day, thinking he can run the franchise because he traded for LeBron James...

NONO

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Remember that Jefferson is still only 28 and in his prime. If we could pull this off, we could only imagine what our future would be if we're able to land a Top5 pick next season.

#27 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,382 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Remember that Jefferson is still only 28 and in his prime. If we could pull this off, we could only imagine what our future would be if we're able to land a Top5 pick next season.

He is only 28, but Bonnell did point out that he came to the NBA straight out of high school and has been a significant minute-muncher since he entered the NBA (Celtics, Jazz).

He probably has four more good years of tread left on the tires, but there is no reason to overpay him... It's not like Salt Lake City is a much bigger market than Charlotte (if at all), so he's obviously used to the whole small market thing by now.

With that said, sign his ass up...

He would be a good guy to pair with Biz, because they have different weaknesses (Biz- offense, Jefferson- defense), so it's not like we would have to worry about a duo that can't put it in the hoop or can't defend.

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

He is only 28, but Bonnell did point out that he came to the NBA straight out of high school and has been a significant minute-muncher since he entered the NBA (Celtics, Jazz).

He probably has four more good years of tread left on the tires, but there is no reason to overpay him... It's not like Salt Lake City is a much bigger market than Charlotte (if at all), so he's obviously used to the whole small market thing by now.

With that said, sign his ass up...

He would be a good guy to pair with Biz, because they have different weaknesses (Biz- offense, Jefferson- defense), so it's not like we would have to worry about a duo that can't put it in the hoop or can't defend.

Yea, but guys like Garnett is still playing pretty going into his 18th season and Duncan at 16th. And, both are 37 years of age. Jefferson is 28 and in his 9th season. Proportionally, Jefferson would be the same age as Garnett and Duncan going into his 18th season. I think Jefferson can still have 4-6 years of really good ball. Either way like you said, sign his @ss! If somehow it's just 4 more years, I'd take 4 years of strong presence in the post game than not having any. I believe Jefferson is a guy worth 14-16mil?? I mean we can't be greedy if we want to win.

#29 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,382 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Yea, but guys like Garnett is still playing pretty going into his 18th season and Duncan at 16th. And, both are 37 years of age. Jefferson is 28 and in his 9th season. Proportionally, Jefferson would be the same age as Garnett and Duncan going into his 18th season. I think Jefferson can still have 4-6 years of really good ball. Either way like you said, sign his @ss! If somehow it's just 4 more years, I'd take 4 years of strong presence in the post game than not having any.

Remember though, Jefferson weighs a lot more than Garnett; so it's much harder for him to get up and down the court. Four more years of a consistent double-double player isn't too much to ask though, you just don't want to overpay him. If you overpay, you set the rebuilding process back further (see Tyrus Thomas).

#30 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,094 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Bobcats fans worrying about Jefferson being 28 and maybe only having a few years left, and this and that, is like internet guys giving women low scores when they couldn't even land those in real life.  If Jefferson wants to play here in Charlotte, bring him in and deal with his weaknesses lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users