#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

The Lakers and Celtics will both be drafting Top3 in next year draft. And I'm not even a fortune teller.

#17 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Meh D12 isn't all that. 

As long as the Lakers are healthy next season then they are still making the playoffs and will likely be even better than last season. I don't really see the Lakers tanking. Just going to reload in the 2014 free agency class where we will have a TON of cap room.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Meh D12 isn't all that.

As long as the Lakers are healthy next season then they are still making the playoffs and will likely be even better than last season. I don't really see the Lakers tanking. Just going to reload in the 2014 free agency class where we will have a TON of cap room.

Can't see them winning with Kobe, Nash and Gasol whom all are aging.
They are very lucky that they are the 3rd best team in Cali and not 4th.

They can't match up with SA, OKC, GSW, HOU, MEMPHIS, Clippers, Portland. It's hard to imagine them winning out on teams like NO, Minny, and Denver teams. If they're lucky they'll have the no8 seed again. Kobe just have to see a couple of games out and they'll be a lottery team.

#19 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Laker should just admit there time is over and completely blow up. Let Kobe go to a competitor and try for one more championship....idk maybe the SPURS?

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

In a couple years after the Rockets get nowhere, Dwight will be doing this all over again.

As for the Lakers, I can't see the playoffs. Even if they somehow make it, they'll just get destroyed.

#21 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,050 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

In a couple years after the Rockets get nowhere, Dwight will be doing this all over again.

As for the Lakers, I can't see the playoffs. Even if they somehow make it, they'll just get destroyed.

A lot of Laker fans hate it when I said this last season, but the Lakers would be wise to rebuild and trade Kobe. Unlike the Bobcats they have pretty much unlimited money to spend and, well, it is LA so it wouldnt take them very long to do so. They don't need to tank but start moving older players that still have high value and accumulate youth and draft picks.

#22 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

I don't see the Lakers going far into the playoffs, but if everyone is healthy for the start of the season then they will make it. It really all hinges on Nash, Pau, and Kobe not only being healthy, but still being high quality players.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

If the Lakers wants any chances of being a no8 seed they better make a run at a Monta Ellis or OJ Mayo. No way they make it with those three guys alone.

#24 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

Asik wants out of Houston now, he refuses to back up or play with Howard and wants to be traded if the Rockets sign Howard.

http://espn.go.com/n...ard-source-says

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

I've been upset with our outcomes in the lottery drafts the last two years, but if the Lakers and/or Celtics makes Top5 next year I'm going to murder some people. ;)

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,403 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

Asik wants out of Houston now, he refuses to back up or play with Howard and wants to be traded if the Rockets sign Howard.

http://espn.go.com/n...ard-source-says

Look for a Josh Smith sign and trade

#27 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

A lot of Laker fans hate it when I said this last season, but the Lakers would be wise to rebuild and trade Kobe. Unlike the Bobcats they have pretty much unlimited money to spend and, well, it is LA so it wouldnt take them very long to do so. They don't need to tank but start moving older players that still have high value and accumulate youth and draft picks.

Ha, teeray of all people thinks Kobe should be traded and go away already? Who ever saw this coming!?

#28 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

why would anyone want dwight howard?  I wouldn't want the biggest cry baby in the league on my team

#29 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

why would anyone want dwight howard? I wouldn't want the biggest cry baby in the league on my team

Giant crybaby or not he is the best center in the world. Coming off back surgery last season and dealing with shoulder problems he lead the league in rebounding. People like to call Dwight a bum but he isn't. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem but he is still a dam good player and the Rockets just got much much better.

#30 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Giant crybaby or not he is the best center in the world. Coming off back surgery last season and dealing with shoulder problems he lead the league in rebounding. People like to call Dwight a bum but he isn't. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem but he is still a dam good player and the Rockets just got much much better.

No they didn't, they took away opportunities from Harden, who needs them to score.  Not to mention if they trade for Josh Smith they'll be getting a good defender, but a guy who instead of developing a post game is content to chuck threes at a low rate.  Is Howard an upgrade over Asik? Absolutely on the offensive end, but defensively it's a bit of a wash.  They also took a big hit to their bench when they were forced to let go of Delfino and Brooks.  Did they get better? Sure, but to say they got "much much better" is stretching a good bit.  They're still not good enough, or deep enough to get past OKC, SA, LAC, and possibly not even GSW if Bogut and Lee stay healthy and play to their potential....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users