#16 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yup he had his chance.  We don't need bigs now so, good luck elsewhere.

#17 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,436 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Marc J. Spears: Clippers and Bobcats amongst teams that have recently expressed interest in Antawn Jamison, a source said. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

It looks like we still might have interest in Jamison.

#18 biggdownunder

biggdownunder

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationsydney, australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

wow. jamison is not only a hard working high character guy, but he is actually from charlotte. cant imgaine how it would be a bad sign. just because he did last year what any player his age with some kind of contributions left in him does (sign with a likely contender), i dont think we should punish him and not welcome him back. at his age, if anyone says they would have chosen the bobcats over the lakers last year after the state of awfulness the bobcats were going through, they are lying, lol

#19 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,436 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

Marc Spears is reporting that teams have worries about Antawn Jamison's surgically repaired wrist.

Jamison is quoted as saying that those are "unnecessary worries."

Perhaps we could convince Antawn to come to Charlotte on a deal good for both sides. Something like an incentive layered contract based on the number of games he plays. 

It certainly wouldn't hurt to sign him to a two year deal if he takes a pay-cut to return home.

It wouldn't hurt to be three deep at the power forward position, plus Jamison could bring Cody under his wing and help him get accustomed to the NBA game.

#20 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

I'm mixed.  I'd like to see our young guys get the bulk of the minutes, honestly, but we went out and signed Jefferson and hopefully we are bringing Henderson back, so we obviously want to win, and having some good depth helps you do that.   But if everyone else passes on him because of injury concerns I feel we should have those same concerns.  Of course if the it's a great deal then I'm all for it.

#21 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

He turned us down last year to go ring chasing in LA.  Love how it worked out for him.  We don't need him.

#22 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Man I remember meeting Antawn Jamison a few different times when he came to visit the Bryan Adrian camps in Charlotte. He remembered me between the years too! I've always been a huge fan and loved the guy, and he might not even care as much as we might think, but I feel like he blew his chance to play in Charlotte last year. That makes me feel kinda bad to say.

#23 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Man I remember meeting Antawn Jamison a few different times when he came to visit the Bryan Adrian camps in Charlotte. He remembered me between the years too! I've always been a huge fan and loved the guy, and he might not even care as much as we might think, but I feel like he blew his chance to play in Charlotte last year. That makes me feel kinda bad to say.

Man, I went to those same camps!

They had some great guest lineups... at the Bryan Adrian camps I met:

Antawn Jamison, Vince Carter, Serge Zwikker, Donald Williams, Tim Duncan, Matt Harpring, etc.

#24 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,436 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

He turned us down last year to go ring chasing in LA. Love how it worked out for him. We don't need him.

Good God, what a selfish post.

Can you blame him for looking out for himself? The NBA is a business and the goal of that business is to win a championship. If you are going to get butthurt because a guy picked the better team then you should probably reevaluate your life.

#25 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

...only to transition to an assistant coach and help our locker room.  We have no use for an aging power forward when we just resigned McBob, drafted Zeller, signed Al Jefferson, and are still trying to develop and give Biyombo a chance to prove we didn't waste a pick on him.

#26 soldier22

soldier22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

Looks like we might be looking at Tinsley too.

@AlexKennedyNBA: The Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Charlotte Bobcats and Phoenix Suns have expressed interest in Jamaal Tinsley, according to sources."

#27 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Would love Tinsley as a stop-gap backup PG for one or 2 year deal.  He would come cheap and is still efficient.

#28 biggdownunder

biggdownunder

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationsydney, australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

lol, i went to a 3 day bryan adrian camp back in the day at queens college, met antawn and matt harpring :P ...my dumbass almost got kicked out for smoking though.

#29 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Drew Gooden just got amnestied, I'd rather bring him in as a backup than Jamison if comparable in salary.  

#30 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,436 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Just curious, but if it's comparable in salary, why would you want a guy who averaged 3 points per game over a guy who averaged 10 points per game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users