Photo
- - - - -

Rookies, UDFA and newbs not in the Panthers locker room at BOA (pictures added)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Took the Panthers' Stadium tour today with my son.  Loved every minute of it.

The guide said something pretty interesting that seems to be a change from the status quo. 

He said, for the first time since our inception that anyone not on the team last year will not be given a locker in the Panthers locker room until they have officially made the 53 man roster.  They will have to use locker room A (?) which I think he said was the home side college locker room (for games like the Belk Bowl or ACC Championship).

I asked him why the change on our way to the Erskine Bowles suite and he said, and I quote, "Mr. Gettleman wants it that way.  If you want to be in the team locker room, you have to actually be on the team.  You gotta earn your way in the locker room now".

I gave him the raised eyebrow, "No shlt?!" look and he gave me the, "No shlt" look right back.

There may be some actual changes going on, we shall see.

Got to go on the field (the black end zones DID kill the grass last year according to my most insightful guide).  The new grass looks amazing.

Work is going on everywhere...forklifts forking, pressure washers washing, dudes scratching...

And lastly, Jerry started this entire billion dollar empire on a $3,500 Championship check he won in 1959.

Took pictures, drove back home in the pouring rain...blah, blah, blah.

KEEP POUNDING!

IMG_0332_zps3a2ee09f.jpg

IMG_0331_zpse2a60d4f.jpg

IMG_0334_zps2767b77b.jpg

IMG_0333_zps7cc679e7.jpgIMG_0328_zps944b7486.jpg

#2 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

well, they should get used to replacing the grass at the endzone

because that poo looked awesome

#3 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Interesting. I like it personally, should keep all of them focused on the end goal of making the team.

#4 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

btw was this a legit perillo tours calibre tour guide or like some front office secretary's retarded cousin they slapped a panthers polo on, told to memorize a bunch of poo, and instructed to walk all over the stadium to get an idea of where everything is

#5 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Sounds like there really is a culture change going on there. That's cool that you got to go on the tour too, sounds like fun.

#6 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

Should also only issue helmets with the logo to returning players from last year for training camp. Newbs should get a blank silver helmet.

#7 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Should also only issue helmets with the logo to returning players from last year for training camp. Newbs should get a blank silver helmet.

Can't do that, all players must wear their official team's helmet.

#8 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

btw was this a legit perillo tours calibre tour guide or like some front office secretary's retarded cousin they slapped a panthers polo on, told to memorize a bunch of poo, and instructed to walk all over the stadium to get an idea of where everything is

Guy had been with the Panthers as part of the game-day communications crew for 9 years. Said he helped ensure both the Panthers and visiting team could communicate with their respective booths. His daughter was one is the first Panther cheerleaders. He seemed pretty knowledgeable, but your average Huddler would not have been overly impressed.
One of his trivia questions was, "There are 14 team pictures behind you all. Who can tell me who is in all 14?"
I waited about 5 seconds before I answered the question so I didn't look like a smartass.

#9 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

and black pants kill your legs too

#10 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Man our drafting sucks if we don't even give our rookies lockers.  I mean Luck and RG3 were both captains their first years.  They completely convinced their team of 50 or so vets in just a few short months that they were inspiring born leaders who knew exactly how to win NFL football games, before even playing NFL football games.  Thats how good they are.

#11 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,443 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Can't do that, all players must wear their official team's helmet.

Doesn't Dallas give out helmets without stars to their newbs?

#12 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,443 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Man our drafting sucks if we don't even give our rookies lockers. I mean Luck and RG3 were both captains their first years. They completely convinced their team of 50 or so vets in just a few short months that they were inspiring born leaders who knew exactly how to win NFL football games, before even playing NFL football games. Thats how good they are.

Not sure if serious

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Maybe during training camp practice, but during pre-season games official team helmets must be worn by every player.

#14 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Pretty sure Atlanta does the no logo thing as well.

#15 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Whoever put the team pictures up was a little too drunk for my OCD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com