• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

So you guys think Zeller is going to be better than Asik?

He might be, but I rather have the sure thing with Asik.

Yes I would trade the #4 pick for Asik. Now if you think that is dumb then by all means call me dumbo. I know if I proposed this trade on another NBA board most fans would take Asik over Zeller/Gordon.

Maybe I get proved wrong with the Zeller pick, but I just don't like it. We had a chance to draft McLemore and we passed. Maybe Zeller will make me eat my words.*shrugs shoulder*

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yes I would trade the #4 pick for Asik. Now if you think that is dumb then by all means call me dumbo. I know if I proposed this trade on another NBA board most fans would take Asik over Zeller/Gordon.

Maybe I get proved wrong with the Zeller pick, but I just don't like it. We had a chance to draft McLemore and we passed. Maybe Zeller will make me eat my words.*shrugs shoulder*

I'm sure most NBA boards if they know anything about the Buzzcats wouldnt agree "dumbo".

#18 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

It isn't so much that Asik isn't a very solid player it is the fact you are giving up way too much in your proposed trade(also the salaries don't match, Asik only makes somewhere between 5-8mil this season, gordon alone makes 13). Honestly if the salaries matched Houston would probably do a straight swap for Gordon because he is on an expiring deal and Asik isn't going to like backing up Howard(i assume). Lastly even if you hate the Zeller pick it is shortsighted to try and dump him before he even plays a real NBA game.

#19 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

It isn't so much that Asik isn't a very solid player it is the fact you are giving up way too much in your proposed trade(also the salaries don't match, Asik only makes somewhere between 5-8mil this season, gordon alone makes 13). Honestly if the salaries matched Houston would probably do a straight swap for Gordon because he is on an expiring deal and Asik isn't going to like backing up Howard(i assume). Lastly even if you hate the Zeller pick it is shortsighted to try and dump him before he even plays a real NBA game.

I said Zeller may prove me wrong, but right now with our history I didn't like this pick at #4. I hope he proves me wrong.

#20 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I'm sure most NBA boards if they know anything about the Buzzcats would say you're a dumbo, "dumbo".

C-Chuck straight thuggin!

#21 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,804 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

This may just be a number idea so didn't want to start a new thread or anything but wanted to post it for the hell of it. What would you think about a sign a trade with Milwaukee involving Kemba and Ben Gordon for Brandon Jennings on a 5 year deal? The reason we do this is because Jennings is a better 3 point shooter and would help with spacing. He is only a year older than Kemba and I think he is a better all around player with better potential. Now I recognize it isn't going to happen but I liked the idea so figured Id post it for discussion.

I'm a big fan of Brandon Jennings, but I actually think Kemba will have a better NBA career than him

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

C-Chuck straight thuggin!

#BK

#23 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

#BK

Brooklyn?

#24 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

If we still had cap space we could probably get Asik for a 2nd rounder + Jeff Taylor or something, but with Jefferson here that ship has sailed.  I would think Houston will be looking to deal him before the season, there is no way he can play next to Howard and if they could dump his salary they could add some pieces that actually fit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users