• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

Smitty

LaFell

Ginn

Edwards

Hixon/Gettis (whoever stays the healthiest)

Pilares if the Keep 6

Practice Squad Brenton Bersin

#77 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

I'll make a promise to Da City, CRa and other WR foes of mine that if Armanti Edwards makes this roster. I will be full member of the Huddle's "We need  WR's Club" all offseason next year. If Edwards makes this roster I will carry the flag for us overhauling the whole position (except Smith) and spending multiple resources on that position.

#78 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'll make a promise to Da City, CRa and other WR foes of mine that if Armanti Edwards makes this roster. I will be full member of the Huddle's "We need WR's Club" all offseason next year. If Edwards makes this roster I will carry the flag for us overhauling the whole position (except Smith) and spending multiple resources on that position.

We got our DTs now. You should be on the WR bandwagon regaurdless at this point.

#79 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

1. Smith

2. Lafell

3. Hixon

4. Edwards

5. Bryant

6. Ginn

Which means Pilares, Adams, and Gettis are gone..

#80 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,257 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Soooooo... who will be eligible in 2014 again?

Watkins
Lee
Evans
Matthews

Can we draft all four?

#81 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Armanti will probably have a good camp. Just good enough to squeak on the roster.

Armanti in OTAs/training camp is like Duke basketball in November and December.

#82 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

We got our DTs now. You should be on the WR bandwagon regaurdless at this point.

I could still join the OT,CB club as well.

#83 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

Armanti will probably have a good camp. Just good enough to squeak on the roster.

Armanti in OTAs/training camp is like Duke basketball in November and December.

Or when they play Carolina.

#84 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,537 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Source: ESPN.com - Pat Yasinskas

Carolina Panthers WR Domenik Hixon could be considered the favorite for the No. 3 wide receiver job because of his previous experience with general manager David Gettleman. Hixon will have to compete with other wide receivers for the job during training camp.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Hixon is a solid WR when healthy. He can work well on underneath routes and is fearless when running over the middle. Hixon will have to beat out Rueben Randle for the WR3 job behind Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz.

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the error in the Domenik Hixon story in today's Email Update where we told you about Hixon's previous experience with general manager David Gettleman maybe giving him an edge for the #3 WR role. And then we had a Giants flashback. Sheesh. 

Obviously, the first thing we said there was right. We're interested to see how Hixon fares in Carolina and here's what we have for him on our Footballguys Player Page. 

"Domenik Hixon arrived in Carolina after the Panthers awarded him a one-year contract April 3, 2013. Hixon played in place of an often-dinged-up Hakeem Nicks for the Giants during 2012, posting 59 targets for 39/567/2 in the part-time role. He's been an important role player for the Giants (when healthy) during his time in New York (2007-2012), but he has had his right ACL reconstructed twice - injury history is a worry with Hixon, fantasy owners. Hixon may have a shot at the starting lineup in Carolina if he can pick up the offensive system quickly - Brandon LaFell is not entrenched as the #2 wide receiver in front of Hixon. This is a training camp battle worth monitoring, fantasy owners."

Hope you have a great Tuesday. 

J

So Hixon is now a possible #2...

#85 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi Folks,

So Hixon is now a possible #2...

No.

#86 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

rotoworld...

The Panthers' coaching staff "doesn't have high expectations" for fourth-year WR David Gettis.
Gettis flashed vertical tools as a rookie in 2010, but tore his ACL in 2011 and was a non-factor throughout 2012, often sitting on the Panthers' weekly inactives list. Gettis will enter training camp squarely on the roster bubble.

#87 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

LoL should they have high expectations? Of course not, he's been injured and it will be his first year playing in the offense. HAHA what kind of quote is that. . .rofl hilariously uninformed and clueless.

They have expectations, but not high ones. . . .  of fuggin course.

I love how everyone who says Gettis isnt gonna make it doesnt have anything factual to say about his play.

#88 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

LoL should they have high expectations? Of course not, he's been injured and it will be his first year playing in the offense. HAHA what kind of quote is that. . .rofl hilariously uninformed and clueless.

They have expectations, but not high ones. . . . of fuggin course.

I love how everyone who says Gettis isnt gonna make it doesnt have anything factual to say about his play.

Its probably because the staff don't believe he'll make it.

#89 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Its probably because the staff don't believe he'll make it.

oh ya? Why do you think that?

#90 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...csouth&id=48952

David Gettis. He missed almost all of the past two seasons with injuries after showing some promise as a rookie in 2010. The coaching staff doesn’t have high expectations for Gettis, but he could put himself back into good graces if he’s healthy and has a strong showing in camp and the preseason games

Bout the same thing from Yaz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.