Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gil Brandt would take YOU over Jimmy Clausen

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Pickles' career is the epitome of the perfect storm. He came to the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Is Pickles' case really about him not being able to play in the league, or not being given a real opportunity to play in the league?

One incomplete season with a staff that didn't give a poo may lend itself to jokes, but does not necessarily mean that it lends itself to reality. The Jimmy Clausen story began as a dream that turned into a nightmare during the start of his professional career due mainly to circumstance, but that doesn't mean that it will end as a horror. Perhaps it will end as a dream deferred.  

One thing about it: I think that Rivera and Gettelman will give Clausen an honest chance to make his case in Carolina. 

I'm certainly not going to listen to some national media type who probably doesn't know poo about the intricacies of the team. 

Posted

fug it. He got us Cam.

Posted

The jimmey has one redeeming quality. He serves a great brunch for meetings. That is it. Well actually, those brunches keep Cam's weight up during the season, so he is good for something.

Posted

It's so funny the way Cam made us forget about Jimmy. I almost forgot he was on the team.

I will never forget 2010. The pain is etched in my mind forever. It was more painful than 2001. Weinke did a better job than Clausen and we were more competitve although we still sucked. Just in 2010 if we were behind by 3 points we were done. We never seemed to come back for a win.

Posted

who is gil brandt? never heard of him. pickles does suck though. 

Posted

I would take a sock puppet over jimmy clausen at QB at this point

Posted

Same as AE pickles never got a fair shake because of where he was drafted.  It's not his fault we drafted him that high, if we took a flyer on him in a lower round no one would care, same as AE.

Posted

in all seriousness i wouldn't be surprised if someone on the huddle could outplay jimmy clausen in a qb battle

Posted

Same as AE pickles never got a fair shake because of where he was drafted. It's not his fault we drafted him that high, if we took a flyer on him in a lower round no one would care, same as AE.

We reached for Edwards and drafted him high....we didn't with Clausen. Not fair to lump Clausen in with Edwards. Edwards was a legit project we overdrafted.

Posted

If given the choice of Clausen or a dried dog turd, I'm taking the turd every time.

Posted

Clausen appears to be a stable goat. 

Stable goats..."serve as "pets" for the racehorses and exert a strange, calming influence on many of the skittish, high-strung thoroughbreds.

"The practice of keeping a goat in the stall with a nervous horse has been around for a long time, probably as long as there have been racehorses," said Arlington trainer Bette Gabriel, recalling that she has seen cases where a horse would become so attached that its goat would have to be brought along to the paddock every time the horse raced.

Although most of the track goats and horses develop a lifelong friendship, Gabriel's goat, Sally, has actually baby-sat three different horses in the four years she has had her.

"She almost seems to know when one has calmed down and it is time to move on to another one that needs her," Gabriel said of her arthritic goat, which currently spends most of its time resting in the stall of Touch the Light, a high-strung 2-year-old.""

Yes, he sucks worse than the Golden Calf as a QB but my point is, Cam seems to like him and if that helps us win, extend that sucker for another 3 years.  It ain't my money.

1 person likes this