Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDonalds suggested budget for employees shows just how impossible it is to get by on minimum wage

112 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ways you can budget while working full-time at McDonald's: move to Galveston and start settling on cat food for dinner 5 days a week like pantherclaw.

Posted · Report post

Way to completely miss the fuging point, though that's not surprising for you Alice. Also, as the article states, 87% of those who work minimum wage are over the age of 20.

The US economy is not free-market and/or pure capitalism either. It's a regulated symbiotic system. Straight capitalism results in institutionalized classism - a veritable caste system. You need organized labor and government regulation to even the field and prevent virtual slave labor conditions for your unskilled labor citizens. Minimum wage should stay almost directly in-line with worker productivity. It hasn't for a few decades now, and the wealth gap has grown exponentially.

Working at an air conditioned McDonalds with all the protection in the world if you are hurt is "VIRTUAL SLAVE LABOR"!? This entitlement thinking is why China and a ton of other countries are passing the US by. I'm going to take a wild guess you never been out of the country! Go tell the Indian ship dismantlers, the Chinese sweatshop workers, underground miners in any 3rd world country they could work in AC all day and get all this free money from govt, on top of $1,100 a month and ask them if they thing it's slave labor!?

Posted · Report post

Working at an air conditioned McDonalds with all the protection in the world if you are hurt is "VIRTUAL SLAVE LABOR"!? This entitlement thinking is why China and a ton of other countries are passing the US by. I'm going to take a wild guess you never been out of the country! Go tell the Indian ship dismantlers, the Chinese sweatshop workers, underground miners in any 3rd world country they could work in AC all day and get all this free money from govt, on top of $1,100 a month and ask them if they thing it's slave labor!?

Are you fucking retarded? Can you not read? I think the answers are yes and no, respectively. 

Reread what I said and then read your own retort and hopefully you'll realize why you look like a fucking moron. 

Posted · Report post

Most people I've seen working at McDonalds aren't there for a career and most seem to be you high school or college kid making their drinking and shopping money. This is still a capitalistic society where companies are being told the minimum they can pay. Also, don't forget the ones trying to live off of minimum wage have housing assistance, food assistance, Medicaid, and other supplements to that income, so that budget isn't realistic.

Hmm, It is almost like I've had this very discussion about the American taxpayer supporting the labor costs of large highly profitable multinational corporations previously. 

Just can't seem to put my finger on where exactly that was.

Well, maybe it will come to me after I get back from shopping at Wal-Mart. 

Oh wait, I've got it! 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Easy for you to say Bentley boy.

Posted · Report post

The simple solution is to use all that extra free time from working only 75 hours a week and the $100 a month slotted as "other" to start your own business or go to college. Obviously poor people are just too lazy to do any of that.

Posted · Report post

Easy for you to say Bentley boy.

The funny part is that I in no way insinuated that working at McDonalds was virtual slave labor. Fucking Alice just sucks at understanding the English language. 

Posted · Report post

Hmm, It is almost like I've had this very discussion about the American taxpayer supporting the labor costs of large highly profitable multinational corporations previously.

Just can't seem to put my finger on where exactly that was.

Well, maybe it will come to me later on after I get back from shopping at Wal-Mart.

Oh wait, I've got it!

Where exactly are you pulling this from, subsidies?

Posted · Report post

Where exactly are you pulling this from, subsidies?

Come on, you Rhodes Scholar, you. I'm sure you can figure it out. Use your big boy thinking cap for this one. 

Posted · Report post

The funny part is that I in no way insinuated that working at McDonalds was virtual slave labor. fuging Alice just sucks at understanding the English language.

Actually I just skimmed over your post since you seem to have anger issues, no doubt reason you average 1.5 arrest per adult year of life and almost had a fight at McDonalds over a line cut, and basically are unable to debate something without a barrage of insults.

Posted · Report post

Actually I just skimmed over your post since you seem to have anger issues, no doubt reason you average 1.5 arrest per adult year of life and almost had a fight at McDonalds over a line cut, and basically are unable to debate something without a barrage of insults.

I never insulted you, other than saying that It was unsurprising that you missed the point, prior to you reaffirming the fact that you're mentally deficient. 

The fight at the McDonald's because of the line cut, was because some asshat cut in front of me and when I honked at him he got out of his car and started threatening me. When I stepped out of my car his wife pulled his fat ass back inside his. It didn't need an explanation in the other thread, hence why I only vaguely alluded to it happening. 

I don't have anger issues. I'm a nice calm guy. Too nice, in all actuality. Being too nice has gotten me into trouble, more than anything else. Though, this is all really irrelevant. The problem is that you're an idiotic swamp donkey who can't comprehend logical argument. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

someone ban alice from this thread, i was hoping for an actual discussion and instead it's fifty posts of him unironically bashing the poors because he's been handed everything his entire life like he's entitled to it

3 people like this