Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smoking...

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't say i didn't fail, I tried quitting for 3 years prior. I even stayed quit for an entire year once and then one day bought a pack and smoked it all that same day. I can tell you, once you have made up your mind that you are going to smoke, you will smoke. I've been there, I know what it's like, I know how you feel.  I got to the point when the worry over trying to quit smoking was killing me, I really wanted to stop. I wanted to not smoke more than I wanted to smoke and my 5 year old at the time begging me to not smoke was killing me.  That was my turning point. 

Posted

A friend of mine at work is doing very well quitting with one of those. No matter what anyone says it can not be as bad as smoking. I had to use the gum when i quit. I chewed the gum for about a month than i had no more desire for it.

Posted

I need to jump on this bandwagon again.. Unfortunately I have been drinking heavier than normal, which means Im smoking more too. I see the red flags that Im putting up for myself, sometimes it doesnt matter. Last night was the 1st night in the last 3+months that I didnt consume a 12pack, didnt smoke nearly as much either... 

LiaG's advice is solid, regardless....

Posted

My Mom smoked for 50 years.

In the space of 2 weeks she was totally on Ecigs.

http://www.greensmoke.com/

Getting her to start using the less Nicotine filled refills now and she actually believes there is a light at the end of the tunnel and can put this addiction behind her.

*fingers crossed*

2 people like this

Posted

I need to jump on this bandwagon again.. Unfortunately I have been drinking heavier than normal, which means Im smoking more too. I see the red flags that Im putting up for myself, sometimes it doesnt matter. Last night was the 1st night in the last 3+months that I didnt consume a 12pack, didnt smoke nearly as much either...

LiaG's advice is solid, regardless....

If you have had 12 or more beers everyday for three plus months you should really talk to someone about that. You have a problem my friend.

Posted

I accept that... We are talkin a 6hr+ period with dinner. I'm not drinking to get drunk, when my bottle's empty I grab another, then repeat. But this is 2 nights without & tomorrow's poker, I play better sober... I do have a problem but at this point my alcohol consumption is not it. Continue like this & it probably will be, but I got this...

Posted

Good grief! If i drank a 12 pack I would be in the hospital, or either dancin' nekkid on table tops. 

Posted

Good grief! If i drank a 12 pack I would be in the hospital, or either dancin' nekkid on table tops. 

I have a 12 pack, wanna stop by to see if the latter happens?

2 people like this

Posted

Smoke what?

Posted

I'm almost 9 months smoke free (2nd time around)..no cheating..no drags here and there..nothing...definitely notice it when I run now..no more chest pain :)

to the person that said they don't get how ppl just don't quit?? You smoked for 6 months..try doing it after 20 years..then come talk to me.

5 people like this

Posted

there have been a ton of guys on here talking about trying to quit..

my thought is - Can we get a sticky thread where we can check in daily and just say:

"bP day 1"

"bP day 2"

"bp day 3" and so on..

encouragement can be given, but more for keeping each other honest and commited to each other?

byt the way- today would be my "day 1, again"

1 person likes this

Posted

there have been a ton of guys on here talking about trying to quit..

my thought is - Can we get a sticky thread where we can check in daily and just say:

"bP day 1"

"bP day 2"

"bp day 3" and so on..

encouragement can be given, but more for keeping each other honest and commited to each other?

byt the way- today would be my "day 1, again"

good luck man, you will need it.

If you cant quit cold turkey then I urge you to go vapor its so much better then smoking and none of the consequences that cancer sticks have