Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SI NFC South Preview

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I was at that game with a group of friends.  It was such an unbelievable collapse I could only laugh. 

I went to it too... I was just kind of emotionless on the walk back out the stadium and just slept most of the way on the ride back and didn't say much of anything.

I fuged up and got cocky during the game.  I knew blowing leads had pretty much become our thing, but with 4-5 minutes left in the 4th and up by 11?  Lol I thought for sure there wasn't a way we could choke that hard.

Well, goes without saying I was fuging wrong.  And then we give up a TD on the opening fuging drive of OT after shutting their offense down all day for the most part.

Yep, I was pissed.  Then me and my girl split up about a week after that.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't believe this guy is dissing our OLB's as one of our weaknesses.  Because 2 backup LB's got away?  Now, I liked them both & was sorry to see them go, don't get me wrong.  But you can't discount TD who'll be in his 2nd year back from major injury after not missing any games the 1st year.  Until we see him in a game, there may be ??'s about Beason.  But no one can say that he isn't working to be back to full strength.  With Luke in the middle, we will be one amazing dominating unit.

And Josh Norman breaking out??  Sorry, I see Josh Thomas breaking out first.

NO will be in the contender talk while Brees is there.  They even were last year in preseason despite Payton sitting.  Talk is talk, I don't care.  Show them on the field and in the W column how wrong they are.

Posted

I'm so excited for the season to start already. Tired of reading all of these sports writers giving their 2 cents. Lets let the play on the field speak for itself!!

Posted

I dont want to jump ahead of anything but I believe our defense is superior to New Orleans' and Atlanta's. On top of everything, we swept the Taints and nearly shocked the Dirty Pigeons.

We had the top rated defense in the division last year and this year it will be better.

1 person likes this

Posted

If rivera and mcdermott fail to learn from the softzone blunders last year.. they need MRI's

1 person likes this

Posted

I was at that game as well sitting in the endzone about 6 rows back. There was a Falcons fan of which I believed to be a player's significant other. Anyway, she was screaming the entire first quarter and was extremely annoying. When we started spanking the Buc's ass, she shut up. But then, the Panthers blow the game and she is right back at it more obnoxious than ever. Man I really hate the walk of shame after a home loss.

As for our record this year, every time I look at the schedule, I see 10-6 written all over it.

The walk of shame at BofA is the worst because there are always so many opposing fans. Or assclowns wearing Steeler poo to a Panthers/Bucs game.

Posted

Ouch. I couldn't imagine attending a collapse like that. It was painful enough to watch it at the bar with a bunch of Buc fans. What else could you do? I laughed too.

That game was part of my brother's bachelor party.  My cousin, myself and two of his friends surprised him with the trip.  It was our first trip back to the stadium, at least for a game since our family moved to Tampa in '96 for our father's job.  We despise everything about Tampa and his friends were both Bucs fans.  It was so unbelievably heartbreaking.

1 person likes this

Posted

If rivera and mcdermott fail to learn from the softzone blunders last year.. they need MRI's

I have yet to figure that out.  Fox did the same damn thing.

Been kicking their ass for 50 minutes and then they think they got it in the bag and go to bend don't break.  And lose..

Worst part... it is happens again and again.

Posted

Been kicking their ass for 50 minutes and then they think they got it in the bag and go to bend don't break.  And lose..

yea i thought the atlanta game was the wake up call but nope, Chicago and Tampa same damn thing.

Isnt the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?

Posted

Fox lost the game at the half once he was up on the lead..  Rivera actually kept it going for 3 quarters..  despite his testimony that he would step on the opponents throat and use all avenues to win a game (whether 4-3, 3-4, all avenues available on offense) he failed to produce..  however, we'll get to see what the deal is this year..... 

worst part, it does happen again and again...  

funny thing is Fox fanatics think there is much difference between him and Rivera..  Bad thing is Rivera claimed one thing (great philosophy) but still determined to be the same as the conservative coach Fox always proved to be...

Again, we'll see how this year turns out...  once that happens, we'll see Rivera's true colors...