Photo
- - - - -

what are some good places to watch a panthers game in wilmington?/fug the redskins and their fans

Best Answer KJ89, 21 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

fug your brother in law. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,176 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

You can come to my house as well if you like.

My house.

Yep, you are absolutely welcome to come over and watch.

well dammit now you bastards have me trying to choose. why don't you all meet me out at a bar somewhere and i'll buy the first round?

#32 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,491 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

i'll buy the first round?

+1 for archeaologists

#33 WilmyWood

WilmyWood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

I went to an awesome Jazz bar called the IceHouse down there. Hope its still there.

Nah...that place unfortunately shut down.  It was a very cool bar, though.

#34 Doughboy88

Doughboy88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Nah...that place unfortunately shut down.  It was a very cool bar, though.

I wish they would resurrect that place. Instantly the coolest bar in Wilmo. 

#35 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

When I was growing up in Wilmington there used to be a place downtown on the river named Icehouse. Outdoor live music place. Cool as hell. I was there one night at like 1am and watched a nude man and women crawl up out of the Cape Fear river. I didn't know if they were aliens or just some weird fugers, but it was a trip.

#36 WilmyWood

WilmyWood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

I wish they would resurrect that place. Instantly the coolest bar in Wilmo. 

Yea, they got shut down as far as I know.  Old, rich farts teamed up with local politicians and shut them down for being too loud.

#37 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

When I was growing up in Wilmington there used to be a place downtown on the river named Icehouse. Outdoor live music place. Cool as hell. I was there one night at like 1am and watched a nude man and women crawl up out of the Cape Fear river. I didn't know if they were aliens or just some weird fugers, but it was a trip.

When you were growing up?  You must be a kid

#38 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

When you were growing up? You must be a kid

I'm talking mid 90's when I was old enough to go out an drink. Icehouse in downtown used to be fun.

#39 WilmyWood

WilmyWood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm talking mid 90's when I was old enough to go out an drink. Icehouse in downtown used to be fun.

That's when I was hanging out down there.  Saw some good shows and lost a bunch of brain cells.

#40 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,095 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Fox and hound pub is great. Alot of tvs. Last time I was there was 08 World Cup but it was a great great experice

#41 Redskins75

Redskins75

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

So with WCCB no longer being an affiliate to Fox and it's been documented that WCCB Charlotte will lose Panther games.  What station are y'all gonna be able to watch games on, Panthers and the double header games?  Since WCCB will not be airing it and there is no local Fox affiliate anymore, do blackout rules still apply?  Or will you be able to catch the games on NFL Sunday Ticket.

I know I'm a Redskin fan, but there are times when the Panthers aren't playing that the Skins get shown on Fox since they are popular in this region.  Also, as a huge fan of football, I would always catch the second game of the double header on Fox.  Not to mention, flipping to the Panthers game during TOs, commercial breaks, half-time to check in during the Skins games.

I've googled this topic and can't find an answer at all.  I was hoping that with the debut of Fox Sports 1 in August, it would be airing the games, but it appears that it will not be.  

#42 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,176 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

So with WCCB no longer being an affiliate to Fox and it's been documented that WCCB Charlotte will lose Panther games.  What station are y'all gonna be able to watch games on, Panthers and the double header games?  Since WCCB will not be airing it and there is no local Fox affiliate anymore, do blackout rules still apply?  Or will you be able to catch the games on NFL Sunday Ticket.

I know I'm a Redskin fan, but there are times when the Panthers aren't playing that the Skins get shown on Fox since they are popular in this region.  Also, as a huge fan of football, I would always catch the second game of the double header on Fox.  Not to mention, flipping to the Panthers game during TOs, commercial breaks, half-time to check in during the Skins games.

I've googled this topic and can't find an answer at all.  I was hoping that with the debut of Fox Sports 1 in August, it would be airing the games, but it appears that it will not be.  

the only thing worse than living in D.C. is being slowly digested in the stomach of the sarlacc and even that's a stretch. RGIII has the durability of a my-size-barbie in the clutches of forum poster grits r great. all redskins fans are either admitted child-molesters or aging white-templed natty ice-chugging shrek-gut fart face middle-school dropouts with idiotic mustaches that haven't been cool since smokey and the bandit.

get out of this nice thread

#43 CashNewton22

CashNewton22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

If you're rushing to watch the game on opening day I can promise you BWW will be absolutely packed to the mad by the time you get there...at least the one closest to you. But have no fear my friend you'll still have several options.

Wild Wing Cafe is a pretty solid place to watch the games however it may be packed as well seeing as how they kind of have their regulars. Both Carolina Ale House and Kickback Jacks will be busy but you should still be able to get a table just maybe not prime seating. Jerry Allens is a bar actually right on Wrightsville Beach and they just did some serious remodeling so that also would not be a bad option. Fox and Hound is probably your best bet but it may be packed. However the food is great and the waitress' are all for he most part attractive. That's probably where I'll watch it since I date one of the servers there.

If all else fails downtown Wilmington has a few bars you can watch it at as well but if you've got your kid it might be tough. If its just you Liquid Room has $2 all bottles and free wings during football season. Copper Penny is a great place but its a Philly Bar and it will probably be packed with Philly fans so they might not even put the Panthers game on.

Good luck though buddy and let me know if you have anymore questions with regards to where to watch in Wilmington.

#44 Redskins75

Redskins75

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

the only thing worse than living in D.C. is being slowly digested in the stomach of the sarlacc and even that's a stretch. RGIII has the durability of a my-size-barbie in the clutches of forum poster grits r great. all redskins fans are either admitted child-molesters or aging white-templed natty ice-chugging shrek-gut fart face middle-school dropouts with idiotic mustaches that haven't been cool since smokey and the bandit.

get out of this nice thread

Wow, what a great contribution to the thread.  Even better response to my post.  I'm sure the community is better off with you in it.  With that said, I live in Charlotte, NC and Im curious to know if anyone has heard how the loss of the Fox affiliate station (WCCB) will impact games on Sundays.  

I'll take RG3 over S C A M Newton any day (you seriously make it to where people cant criticize your QB, fuging nazis). Not sure whats up with the insults, but it sounds like you need therapy pal.  I know being anonymous on the internet makes you feel all "BAD ASS" PhillyB, cause I can 100% guaran-damn-tee that you wouldn't talk poo like that to anyone in public.  Quit acting like an E-Thug.

#45 CashNewton22

CashNewton22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hey man as some one who works at a bar downtown Wilmington it's still pretty fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.