Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12', 500lb Gator Killed in Jacksonville, NC

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I really misread the thread title at first.  I thought 12,500 lbs alligator, like one of them cheesy syfy movies.  :)

Posted · Report post

I would have personally killed it if it ate my dog.

All the bleeding hearts are safely in non gator country - as are their children and pets - Im a bigger animal lover than probably 99% of the folks on this forum - I dont eat meat because of it - but predators like giant gators and coyotes - I would shoot on sight.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

All the bleeding hearts are safely in non gator country - as are their children and pets - Im a bigger animal lover than probably 99% of the folks on this forum - I dont eat meat because of it - but predators like giant gators and coyotes - I would shoot on sight.

"I'm an animal lover, but I'll shoot one I don't like on site simply for existing."
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

btw while we're talking about gators i just lost my pet gator because he sneaked out of my backyard through a small hole in the fence. he's about 12' and 500 lbs and answers to Gavin (also Gavvy Wavvy as he is affectionately called). any info you have would be helpful

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

"I'll shoot one I don't like on site simply for existing."

We're not talking about deer or bunny rabbits here..

Posted · Report post

immediately thought of this...

lake_placid_ver2.jpg

Underrated movie.  Funnier than you'd expect from the poster and previews.

Posted · Report post

"I'm an animal lover, but I'll shoot one I don't like on site simply for existing."

this fool is a fool

good luck to the rest of you fools when the shtf

Posted · Report post

We're not talking about deer or bunny rabbits here..

That was more in response to his comment of killing coyotes.

I'm not an alligator rights advocate, but I'm not going to go around killing each one I see either.

Posted · Report post

A shame that big boy was slaughtered unnecessarily.

the-crikey-cup.jpg

*Does not approve.*

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Coyotes I can understand, since they are not native to this area.  And fwiw, I don't really have an issue with them killing this particular gator.  But why would you shoot one on site if it is just doing its thing and not presenting any threat to people? 

Posted · Report post

I pop coyotes with a pellet gun when I see them. One attacked my parents dog while it was outside.

In have two dogs under 30#s so fuck them varmits