Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swag's 7-26 Camp Observations

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Ccs stop being dumb. Amini is as strong or stronger than Star. This is going to make Star better.

And you must have not been watching amini the last couple of games. He manhandled people. And destroyed in the second level. The fact we have a practice matchup like this is a good thing. For both players.

2 people like this

Posted

a lot of outlets assigned amini a borderline first round grade just based on his physical talents.  that he's strong, tough, and plays to the whistle was never in question.  most of the knocks on him coming in to the nfl were about his raw technique and how he'd adjust to the huge difference between DII level talent and what he'd face in the pros.

he did whip gerald mccoy in the second bucs game.  just because he's not a carl nicks yet doesn't mean that he's not good.

3 people like this

Posted

I know that this probably doesn't mean much I'm just saying that it isn't the result I was wanting. I really never pay a whole lot of attention to how people perform in camp. I'm much more concerned with how he plays in the first preseason game.

Posted

There is a reason a receiver makes 2 catches in a year on a 9ers team that wasn't even loaded at WR. Hopefully he can give us some good field position.

Posted

This is the best thing that could happen to Star at the moment. Just because your a first round pick doesn't mean your an automatic starter. Either he'll learn from it, or break. But at least well see Stars mental toughness sooner rather than later.

Posted

Hopefully Star just learning what to do... I mean he is a rookie

Posted

Guys: it's two unpadded practices. Do you need a "Jump to Conclusions" mat?

1 person likes this

Posted

Gross said more than once that part of the reason he was as good as he was is because he practiced against the old #90. Just sayin.... Let the 2 Samoans make each other better...

Why do you think the Lions, Browns, Jaguars or Bucs haven't been able to do anything in years? They don't practice against anybody good...ever....

3 people like this

Posted

Yep. Julius Peppers made Jordan Gross look like a wasted pick for the first few practices his rookie year. It happens.

We knew Star was gonna be raw. I'm not worried.

Posted

Guys: it's two unpadded practices. Do you need a "Jump to Conclusions" mat?

Im more interested in any trend we see in the preseason as far as strengths and weaknesses go. But yeah people in here lack perspective

Posted

Wait ... they sell $2 beers at TC? Best observation I have read so far.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to form my own opinion on the battle between Star vs Amini. I think the outcome will be different and Star will hold his own, all in all its going to be good battle to watch all training camp.