Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon Williams and Nelson Rosario

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Rosario > Brockel. TE: Olsen, Hartsock, Rosario.

Posted

I think Hartsock would be out if either of these 2 step up. Brockel is more versatile.

Posted

Hartsock is atrocious at everything.

Posted

Shockey

Posted

Williams and Rosario the 2013 Lamont Bryant

Posted

Except for the fact that one of them actually makes the team...! We've kept 4 on the roster the past two seasons. I don't see that changing this year.

Posted

Williams is a far more polished prospect than Bryant.

Posted

Dead serious. 

Of 1,413 offensive snaps by the tight end position last year, Brockel played in only 67 snaps.

I understand his ST upside by I would much rather see his roster spot given to a real TE that could compliment Greg Olsen similar to when Shockey was around.

Good stats.  is that referring to the offensive snaps Brockel took at FB too?  However, I am thinking a few things about revitalizing the run game--I imagine we will use him in the fullback/hback role more.   While everyone is focusing on RG, I am concerned about both T spots.  I do not see us playing a team like Denver or Seattle without having someone to offer help.

I agree with your statement about the other TE.  I would like to see that too.  I wonder if the weak OL is causing us to have players to support the blocking instead of players to enahance the passing game. 

This made me think about an aspect of the team I have not really considered. 

Posted

Brandon Williams can win the job if he can stay healthy. With his ability to run block & catch he could be nice compliment to Olsen in 2 TE set. 

Posted

Good stats.  is that referring to the offensive snaps Brockel took at FB too?  However, I am thinking a few things about revitalizing the run game--I imagine we will use him in the fullback/hback role more.   While everyone is focusing on RG, I am concerned about both T spots.  I do not see us playing a team like Denver or Seattle without having someone to offer help.

I agree with your statement about the other TE.  I would like to see that too.  I wonder if the weak OL is causing us to have players to support the blocking instead of players to enahance the passing game. 

This made me think about an aspect of the team I have not really considered. 

Mike Tolbert was the only player to line up at FB with 445 snaps.  I doubt Brockel is/will be of any use on offense. He is undersized at 6'1" to be an effective TE. 

Brockel did have 229 snaps on ST. 

I'm not saying he is isn't talented, I just don't really see where Brockel fits in the offense. 

Posted

I really wish both could win roster spots. Both are big athletic guys. Williams is solid muscle and if he can block as well as Hartstock id rather keep him over Hartstock. I believe he can play HB as well. Rosario is kind of skinny in the legs but he looks like a TE/WR hybrid. He could be a good flex TE and create sime mismatches.

Posted

Lumping Brockel in with TEs isn't fair. He is a prototype fullback. Not his fault we have no clue how to use an actual fullback.