Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My camp thoughts after today. Expect a conservative, run offense.

77 posts in this topic

Posted

This is pretty much like saying I went to camp this past Saturday.  Expect the Panthers to play the season in shorts. No pads

1 person likes this

Posted

If they are going back to more of a power running game we will dominate time of possession with the help from our defense and we will score lot of points. We got  to many threats in the end zone for us not to score.

Cam, Tolbert, Stewart, William, & Barner for rushing

Olsen, Smitty, LaFell, Ginn & Willams

Posted

Foxball has never won anyone poo. Look at how pissed off manning was when they kneeled down with a minute to go before half time. How did that game end? Foxball...please.

Posted

Get a grip people.

abvyNazu.jpg

Posted

If you watched last preseason.....carolina ran a boring and conservative game plan. No read option, no Cam running, etc.

I am sure it will look like it has

Posted

abvyNazu.jpg

If only that made sense...

Nice try though... You'll get it eventually.

Posted

If this offense looks like Foxball....Gettlemen, Rivera and Shula should all be fired.

We have Cam. You don't play Foxball with that type weapon.

We have a spotty OL, an old RB , an injury plagued RB, a rookie RB, and a FB. Even if your QB sucks you would need a great D front to back to attempt to be a legit contender playing Foxball with that. Our best player this year in the secondary could easily be the Raider reject....bc he walked into such a weak cast.

Excellent post. This guy gets it. There is no way this team is built for grind it out football. This will be a quick strike offence and Cam's running ability will come in to effect during "busted" plays. No question that we have a stable of good running backs but none of them will get 30 carries a game. 

Posted

Looking like there are a lot of passing teams on there

Makes sense considering most of the league is made up of passing teams now.

Posted

If they are going back to more of a power running game we will dominate time of possession with the help from our defense and we will score lot of points. We got to many threats in the end zone for us not to score.

Cam, Tolbert, Stewart, William, & Barner for rushing

Olsen, Smitty, LaFell, Ginn & Willams

We don't have a road grading OL.

We have a 30 yr old and injury plaqued 1-2 punch now at RB.

That isn't the formula to play ground and pound. Not to mention a weak secondary in a passing league expected to keep points down.

And above all.... the best two offensive players are a QB and WR.

Posted

I dont know why people are surprised carolina is running a minimal offense.  They have new personel and a new OC.  Even though shula is running a similar system doesnt mean its exactly the same.  It will take time to learn and install.  Until all the players get up to speed and get the fundamentals down, I dont see them doing anything complicated yet.  Also you dont show all your cards in training camp and preseason.

Posted

Thanks for posting this.

Posted

I hope we do read option every play