#46 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

I'm on the bandwagon on this guy holy poo if he can catch he could easily be out #2 if he has the measurable a to be a monster and as a junior had the production in college.

#47 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,047 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

Damn we need to register those cannons with the department of defense.  Good Lord.

OK I recant my statement saying Hartsock was a lock.  Especially since they let Rosario go.  It must have been obvious that Rosario was no competition for Williams.  That said.  Good Luck Zack your next.

#48 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

Hell, if we end up keeping 3 TEs, I'd love for them to be Olsen, Williams, and Pianalto.  Sorry, Hartsock is just a blocker.  So is Brockel for that matter, though I could see Brockel sticking as a FB if we end up keeping 5 backs.  However, I expect us to only keep 2 TEs and then keep Brockel because he can play both FB and TE.  If we only keep 2 TEs, I'm really rooting for Williams.  He has the tools to be special.  As much as I love Pianalto, he just doesn't have the same type of physical tools.  Good player, just athletically limited at the NFL level.

#49 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

I am 6 ft 200 lbs. and made me seem like an infant next to him. This guy is straight from Greece. 

I would like to preface this with a disclaimer:  The contributor of this post is not, never has been, and has no intention of ever being gay, not even once in a while.

You can see his six pack through his shirt.

Dang.

The other comment I have involves the lad in the black Nike shirt. I love his expressions when getting his back signed (in these and other photosyou shared in other posts ).  Priceless.

#50 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

I am 6 ft 200 lbs. and made me seem like an infant next to him. This guy is straight from Greece. 

I would like to preface this with a disclaimer:  The contributor of this post is not, never has been, and has no intention of ever being gay, not even once in a while.

You can see his six pack through his shirt.

Dang.

The other comment I have involves the lad in the black Nike shirt. I love his expressions when getting his back signed (in these and other photosyou shared in other posts ).  Priceless.

#51 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

I'm on the bandwagon

slide the fug over.....I need a seat.  :bow:

#52 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 2,856 posts
  • Location910

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

This thread is bordering on homosexuality........but i'm on the bandwagon also

#53 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

4.56 with 26 reps on the bench and a 36" vertical at his pro day.

http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=TE

That's good enough for me, especially at 6'4", (and a ripped) 250lbs. Lol

#54 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

We need him for real. Hartsock is a great blocker but not too big in the receiving game. This is a passing league and Cam thrived in the 2 TE offense.

So true. And at 6'4", with a 36" vertical. Plus, the 6'5"-6" Cam Newton, needs another big target to pass to, as you indicated regarding 2011. 

#55 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,716 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

couple things I read in those articles that I forgot to mention

1. Carolina signed him to a three-year contract.

2. Williams caught 56 passes for 908 yards and seven touchdowns his final season at junior college

3. The Panthers put Williams through a private workout, and had their doctors look at him. Carolina signed him before the draft, figuring other teams might also be interested in bringing him to camp.

#56 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

couple things I read in those articles that I forgot to mention

1. Carolina signed him to a three-year contract.

2. Williams caught 56 passes for 908 yards and seven touchdowns his final season at junior college

3. The Panthers put Williams through a private workout, and had their doctors look at him. Carolina signed him before the draft, figuring other teams might also be interested in bringing him to camp.

pretty sure i didn't know any of that. very cool.

sounds like they are expecting more if him than your typical  udfa.

#57 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

pretty sure i didn't know any of that. very cool.

sounds like they are expecting more if him than your typical  udfa.

He's also a good kid it appears?

He graduated college, and finished his degree, despite the fact that he stopped playing football. 

And the fact, that he was a good basketball player, and wanted to play basketball (after his football injury), let's you know, how good of an athlete he can be at tight End playing football. 

I wish him all the best. And it appears, he will make the team, and hopefully be a solid contributor. 

Cam needs big/bigger targets to throw to anyway, along with Redzone threats, for the same reason.  

#58 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

In highschool he would have been the first guy off the bus.  Cam would be second. 

#59 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,680 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

And to think that someone posted that no TE stood out at all on the 28th except Olsen (http://www.carolinah...ddit/?p=2302817):

TE: Greg Olsen was the only guy that stood out to me. His routes were crisp as always. He dropped a couple of balls that would have been easy catches. None of the other TEs stood out to me at all. They weren't even looked at by Cam and they didn't run many two TE sets except for when they were on seven on seven and practicing a power run set.

Just a lesson as to why we have to take what people say with a grain of salt. So many perspectives out there, no one can get it 100 percent right.

Hell, if we end up keeping 3 TEs, I'd love for them to be Olsen, Williams, and Pianalto.  Sorry, Hartsock is just a blocker.  So is Brockel for that matter, though I could see Brockel sticking as a FB if we end up keeping 5 backs.  However, I expect us to only keep 2 TEs and then keep Brockel because he can play both FB and TE.  If we only keep 2 TEs, I'm really rooting for Williams.  He has the tools to be special.  As much as I love Pianalto, he just doesn't have the same type of physical tools.  Good player, just athletically limited at the NFL level.

Sorry, LG, according to Jonathan Jones (which has been subsequently reported on rotowire), Pianalto is just a camp body:

Panthers signed TE Zack Pianalto.
TE Nelson Rosario was waived in a corresponding roster move. Pianalto caught four passes in 13 games for the Bucs in 2011, but was out of the league last season. He's just a camp body. Jul 30 - 4:00 PM
It's OK to dream though.

I know that I am dreaming that Williams becomes our answer at wide-out (in lieu of a true heir to Smitty) for the immediate future---basically until the 2014 NFL Draft.

#60 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,955 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

he got injured before he could play at oregon

here is him at junior college and it is ridiculous.

edit: apparently he did play some games at Oregon.

Check 1:06, stiffarms a dude with another on his back.... 

Whoever was throwing the ball sailed quite a few in the vid, Brandon brought them right down. Should be an easy transition with Cam's tendency to throw high...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Training Camp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.