Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Sign Chris Scott and Ricardo Silva, Gaydosh To IR

110 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We'll do something next offseason after Cam leads the league in being knocked to the ground and we miss the playoffs.

Posted · Report post

We'll do something next offseason after Cam leads the league in being knocked to the ground and we miss the playoffs.

and Rivera is fired.

and a new HC comes in

and Cam begins his departure.

Posted · Report post

and Rivera is fired.

and a new HC comes in

and Cam begins his departure.

What the hell makes you think any new gm would get rid of cam? And for who exactly? Just because you don't really like cam doesn't mean he won't stay or sign an extension when the time comes. 

Posted · Report post

What the hell makes you think any new gm would get rid of cam? And for who exactly? Just because you don't really like cam doesn't mean he won't stay or sign an extension when the time comes. 

CRA likes Cam, he just thinks that DG doesn't. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have a hard time believing gettleman is done with signing players. And I'm certainly not going to think the sky is falling. Have a little faith people. Btw CRA. Cam isnt going anywhere
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

SCP probably breaking down right now

Posted · Report post

NOOOOOOOOOO MY CANADIAN FARM BEAST!

Posted · Report post

CRA likes Cam, he just thinks that DG doesn't. 

That is weird though, because looking at cam and eli's stats side by side and they are very similar. I would even say cam is better than eli as qb's going into their third year. If gettleman has watched eli for all those years I find it hard to believe that he doesn't like cam unless he's racist or something lol.

Posted · Report post

Waived / Injured?

The hell did they do to the poor guy?

"You're fired, asshat!" *ball bat hits head*

I think waived/injured is different than waived. Perhaps we still have rights to him on IR if no one claims him or something?
That WR rj Webb was waived/injured by us and shows up on the team page under roster under the waived/injured section.

Posted · Report post

I blame SCP! He did this to the poor Canadian!

Posted · Report post

claimed off waivers from Detroit

RUMWJoY.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

One thing i do know - I trust Gettleman and Riveras judgement about the state of our o line and what we can do about it more than any one on the huddle, myself excluded of course.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

DG brings in camp bodies for competition ... Huddle blows up.

DG signs vet 1-2 weeks before season begins ... Huddle bows down.

RELAX people, plenty o' time.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm not in panic mode yet, but the OL was a huge concern of mine going into this season and we have done absolutely nothing to address it. The fact that we've aggressively addressed our other weak spots already causes me to worry that we aren't planning to make any significant moves along the OL. Bringing Wharton in for a look-see gave me hope, but we'll just have to wait and see. Right now, we have backups starting on the right side and their backups shouldn't be in the NFL. It ain't good.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like both moves. Gettleman is doin' work. Ballin'!

Posted · Report post

NFL history...

Or let me guess...we will be the exception just bc it is us?

And I am a HUGE Cam supporter. That is one of the reasons I am a big Rivera supporter as well.

Posted · Report post

I have to agree with CRA...

It's seen much more in college football (when new coaches are hired) but there are cases in the NFL when a new GM comes in and he drafts his own quarterback and hires his own coach and staff.

However, a lot of teams that change general managers don't tend to have a franchise quarterback like the Panthers which may make them an exception.

Posted · Report post

Y'all know Garry played RG for us during the last 6 games last year when we were playing our best football, right?
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Y'all know Garry played RG for us during the last 6 games last year when we were playing our best football, right?

Right, Garry is a terrible OT but an ok OG.

Posted · Report post

Garry Williams was the starting right guard against New Orleans (final game), Oakland, San Diego, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Seattle.

Williams also started at right tackle against New York.

The Panthers went 4-4 in those games.

Posted · Report post

NFL history...

Or let me guess...we will be the exception just bc it is us?

And I am a HUGE Cam supporter. That is one of the reasons I am a big Rivera supporter as well.

There have been plenty of exceptions, so don't even attempt to act like this would be the first time that some unspoken rule would be broken. Generally when a GM is replaced, it's because the team sucks and usually, by extension, their current starting QB is garbage or average at best. However, on multiple occasions a new GM and/or coaching staff has taken over and retained QB's - it's just that it only happens with solid QBs. I'm sure that you realize (I know that you do), that Cam is far from garbage. Gettleman isn't going to go down ANY path that diverges from Cam as our future starting QB, unless he takes a major nose dive or has some MAJOR off field issue - neither of which are very likely to happen. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

5 pages over moving 3 players that are unlikely to last past the second round of cuts? Lord.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Pretty sure I recall Cam coming up slow three of those games. Right side is the side responsible for the defender rolling his ankle vs the Saints.

Posted · Report post

Oh my God people. SHUT UP. We haven't even played one pre season game yet. Relax. Where are we supposed to find a decent guard at this point? Give it some time and let teams start releasing players and doing some rosters moves. Damn don't get all your panties in a wad

Posted · Report post

Oh my God people. SHUT UP. We haven't even played one pre season game yet. Relax. Where are we supposed to find a decent guard at this point? Give it some time and let teams start releasing players and doing some rosters moves. Damn don't get all your panties in a wad

Well, there are already two good Guards in FA, Moore and Wharton. Please tell me when do teams EVER let go of a good guard during cuts? Line depth is important to teams, but not us it seems.