Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Armanti has earned a roster spot..

97 posts in this topic

Posted

I couldn't give less shits about app state but a promising young receiver is a promising young receiver to me.

We knew he was a project so major improvement is a big plus to me.

2 people like this

Posted

I hope like hell he becomes at least a serviceable 3. If he does he might at least be partially worth what we gave up for him.

Posted

I sure hope Armanti has turned into a real live WR.  I'll believe it when I see it, though.  And that doesn't make me a hater or pessimistic, I just am not exactly quick to believe that he's turned it around all of a sudden when he's never been anything but terrible at anything he's done.  If he has, I'll be the first to admit that he has surprised me and I'll be glad.

Posted

Armanti's catch was awesome today.  I am an Appstate grad, so I have some bias, but he is looking really sharp out there.  id love to see him have more minutes on the field this season because i think he has improved each year and this year he could really contribute.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because some people choose to live in the real world. 

The real world where you know more about nfl personnel than the people who have played, coached, scouted, and managed professionally for the majority of their lives? 

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope he turns into a legit Wideout but EVERY single offseason he's been hyped up during camp but then disappears. Remember that big preseason game he had and everyone was convinced he had finally turned the corner? Until he does it in the regular season I'm not going to get excited.

No

the closest I remember to a big preseason game was when he reversed field on a punt return. the play took like 15 seconds and BOA went crazy. It was like a 7 yard return.

Armanti doesn't look like the same guy. I remember in previous years seeing him running and thinking "is he imitating a midget skipping across hot coal?"

But I remember three times between S'burg and fan fest that I saw a #14 jersey run a very fast, clean route and haul in a great catch. Every time, I've had to check the roster to see who 14 is, because it sure as hell isn't the guy I'm used to seeing in that jersey.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't remember any significant pre-season hype about Armanti. Last year maybe a little bit of talk about him looking a little better than previous.

1 person likes this

Posted

If he has truly earned the spot, then good for him.

He has all the tools to be good, he clearly has the desire and the work ethic so I don't have any problem with it.

My one concern is this- is his ceiling high enough to justify keeping him over someone else who doesn't have the same developmental delays as him?

Anyway, too early to say who has and hasn't definitely earned a spot for the guys that are on the bubble.

Posted

I'm very impressed with ae. Cant say it enuff he looks sure handed and is catching everything.his speed isn't world class but its good. I think before the seasons over he will probably be 3rd wr.

1 person likes this

Posted

You all know I have been an Armanti critic, but he has done as well as anyone in camp not named Lafell or Smitty.

I don't think his roster position is secured though. He will have ample opportunity in preseason to make plays. If he disappears like he has done in the past, he will be one of the last cuts made.

Posted

Let's be realistic about Armanti for a second. Many people here have been critical of him, for good or bad, based on his lack of development as a receiver, which is all well and good except for the fact that his first season he had Fox who had no interest in teaching him. Follow that up into his second season where there is a lockout and once again no real instruction during the time of year where he could really use it to make an impact.

As of right now he's had his second real offseason, this time with Ricky Proehl teaching him, where the onus of development isn't so high on getting a bunch of other receivers trained. Will this training pay off and he finally make an impact on Sundays? I have no idea but I'm certainly not going to count him out, and he's definitely earned his way into good favor with his work ethic and noticeable improvement this offseason.

2 people like this

Posted

I think he makes the roster. AE seems too have improved dramaticly this year. In past years he looked to be lost. Now all of a sudden the light is burning. I wont say he's #3 or anything. But he's in the #3-#5 WR range. And that's a better showing than years past. Now the battle is really between Adams,Pilares and Gettis for the 6th spot.

1 person likes this