158 replies to this topic

#46 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Quote of the year material right there.

Hahahaha yes, it really is. I award it "quote of my log" award.

#47 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

The amount of half-wits that come and try and boost their ego next to me is crazy . They load up plates on plates on plates and then proceed to squat MAYBE quarter depth. On tuesday someone did that to me and I was chuckling to myself as I went ATG. Thats my one big gym pet peeve. I just cant stand it.

They are the same people that will do fifty crunches then lift their shirt and look in the mirror.

"IMHO" its alot better for your shoulders than wide-gip pullups. Its really easy to get a shoulder impingement doing those. Your whole body weight is placed upon already stressed shoulder joints. No bueno.

I will try it 

Yep... it happens everywhere.  I mostly see it at my gym with younger guys, but it's not limited to them.

There's this one dickbag... total tool, real jerk to everyone...  we all laugh at him because every single exercise he does, he does half reps.

He's doing nothing.

He looks the same now that he did 5 years ago.

If he wasn't such an asshole about using the machines and working in on sets to everyone, we'd probably point it out... but we just like to stand back and watch him do nothing.

I respect someone how only lifts the bar with good form and full range of movement than some dipshit that does a 1/2 rep

#48 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

You got a video or something on this?  Sounds interesting... I'm on back today as a matter of fact.

I can't post one right now cause youtube is being an ass. but ill try and get one for you asap.

#49 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,041 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

I respect someone how only lifts the bar with good form and full range of movement than some dipshit that does a 1/2 rep

Me too.  Weight means nothing.  You can lift 1000lbs, but if you're doing it wrong you're not going to improve.

I have a lot more respect for a guy that knows what he can and can't do and throws the appropriate weight on.

Having said that, if you can lift 1000lbs, even if you're doing it wrong, I'm not saying anything... :)

#50 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,966 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

nobody goes deep squatting in my gym, and nobody does more than 2 plates.  nobody.

I'm going to be the class of my loser gym before I know it.

#51 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I got it

#52 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,041 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

nobody goes deep squatting in my gym, and nobody does more than 2 plates.  nobody.

Where do you workout Jase?

That place Boo's bf took me to in Charlotte is a complete dungeon, but it was good as far as the equipment and all goes.

#53 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,041 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

I got it

I've seen people doing that, but never tried it...

How do you weight it, just put a plate on your chest?  That seems a little awkward.

#54 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,966 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

energy sports and fitness in matthews

There are some serious lifters sprinkled in but the place is filled with curlbros.

#55 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Not sure on that part, but I would assume that would be how.

#56 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

energy sports and fitness in matthews

There are some serious lifters sprinkled in but the place is filled with curlbros.

Do you live in matthews? I go to the siskey YMCA. I literally yelled at a guy the other day because I walked away to go to the Bathroom and he took my rack WITH WEIGHT STILL ON THE BAR and was curling. No. Just no.

#57 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

I've seen people doing that, but never tried it...

How do you weight it, just put a plate on your chest?  That seems a little awkward.

I invested in a 25lb weight vest from play it again sports. It was worth it.

#58 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,041 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Do you live in matthews? I go to the siskey YMCA. I literally yelled at a guy the other day because I walked away to go to the Bathroom and he took my rack WITH WEIGHT STILL ON THE BAR and was curling. No. Just no.

Yeah, this would probably get your rack taken in my gym too... the dumbasses don't know how to take weights off when they're done, so we just assume they're done if they're not actually standing there...

#59 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,966 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, I live in matthews.  I used to lift at Siskey all the time 2-3 years ago.

It was way too crowded for my taste.  I think they were in the process of expanding when I left, though, so it may not be as bad now.

#60 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

I have a whole bunch of articles on the reasons why squatting half-way is worse for you then deep squats. Im going to post some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com