Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdog157h

Cam and Joe Adams posing for the camera.

I just rewatched the game. In the 4th with about 5 minutes left the camera focuses on Cam and Joe Adams. They start goofing around "striking poses"  for the camera. Thomas Davis comes over and says something, I think he may have told Cam to knock it off. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, I mentioned that in another thread, but I can't read lips and Im terrible at reading body language.  So I will leave it at that.

Our fanbase IMO chooses to be part of that lose/lose standard.

I personally don't think Cam should give a poo and shouldn't alter his "fun" side bc he is worried about spin

Even if a veteran on the team, the same team Cam wants to captain, seemed to think it was inappropriate for whatever reason? 

While I agree with you, I saw nothing wrong with it, but I am curious why TD did.  TD is not the media or the fan base.  We should all care why he seemed to object to it.  That is why this is worthy of disuccsion.

I really wouldn't blame Cam if he doesn't stick around here when his contract is up. It's embarrassing.

Even if a veteran on the team, the same team Cam wants to captain, seemed to think it was inappropriate for whatever reason?

While I agree with you, I saw nothing wrong with it, but I am curious why TD did. TD is not the media or the fan base. We should all care why he seemed to object to it. That is why this is worthy of disuccsion.

Well the fun police Mr. Davis needs to do a better job....bc he sure seems to turn a blind eye to all the other stuff.

I don't think we need to waste energy in worrying about if TD approved of Cam's fun....if that was even what occurred.

Well if TD was really going after Cam for having a little fun, then I hope he's there telling Smith to cut it out after his usual scuffle with a CB every game, or when he's spinning the ball after almost every catch.  I hope he's there telling D-Lo and Stew to knock it off after they score and do the matrix dance, and I hope he's there after Tolbert is there doing the dougie after every score.

I really wouldn't blame Cam if he doesn't stick around here when his contract is up. It's embarrassing.

If he made a career decision based on what people on a message board - or fans in general - say about him, that would be embarrassing.

We're not talking about Vince Young here.

OOOKaaay. Now the overreaction to no overreaction seems to be gaining a foothold. 

Oh, the Carolina Huddle, where starving sarcasm is well fed every hour of the day.

exactly. A couple people say they saw it and didn't like it. but no big deal. then other people are like omg stop overreacting! Jesus can Cam not joke around on the SIDELINES! THIS FRANCHISE DOESN"T DESERVE A FRANCHISE QB!!!!! YOUR BEING JUST LIKE ESPN AND NFL NETWORK. JESUS WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE."

oh the irony.

Does anyone even know what TD was saying?

I mean hell, for all we know he told Cam, "I strike a better pose than you"

Frankly, its the preseason, Cam has seemingly made strides in being more vocal as a leader and will still have his fun.  This? In the preseason?  I personally don't really give a poo about and I doubt TD was reprimanding him. 

If he made a career decision based on what people on a message board - or fans in general - say about him, that would be embarrassing.

Not sure where you got that I was basing anything solely on this board. Anyways.... It's everything, from the fickle local fans who were against him being drafted to the local media who bash him if he sneezes too loudly.

Then he gets it from the national media as well. Where does it end?

I stand by my statement that this fan base honestly just may not deserve sustained success.

I don't think that this is about what fans think so much as it is about how TD reacted (or didn't, as it were) to what Cam and Adams were doing, and how that helps define, play into, and/or affect the dynamics of the team.

Not sure where you got that I was basing anything solely on this board. Anyways.... It's everything, from the fickle local fans who were against him being drafted to the local media who bash him if he sneezes too loudly.

Then he gets it from the national media as well. Where does it end?

I stand by my statement that this fanbase honestly just may not deserve sustained success.

This forum, while large for a Panthers board, represents a pretty small percentage of the actual Panther fanbase.

The fans Newton deals with most frequently - the ones actually in the stadium - cheer for him loud and long.

As to negative media, he gets more of that from national guys than local ones.  Nowhere you can go to escape that.  But hey, if local guys do bash him, so what?

If he works well with his teammates and has success here, those things should be far bigger factors in deciding his future than what people say about him.

If Newton were to pull a Vince Young and let fan reaction affect his career, I'd lose respect for him.

The fans he deals with most frequently - the ones in the stadium - cheer for him loud and long.

As to negative media, he gets more of that from national guys than local ones.  Nowhere you can go to escape that.  But hey, if local guys do bash him, so what?

If he works well with his teammates and has success here, those things should be far bigger factors in deciding his future than what people say about him.

If Newton were to pull a Vince Young and let fan reaction affect his career, I'd lose respect for him.

Why is Vince Young even in this conversation now again? Nevermind, I'm not even going to touch that.

I think you are minimizing the local media response he receives here. The Hello Kitty idiocy comes to mind.

Bottom line is, he is just a 24 year old guy. If people could get their heads out of their asses and accept him instead of simply tolerating him, it'd be great. I don't see that happening anytime soon though unfortunately.