Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biscuit's Mountain Adventures

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Looks like you guys had a blast..I love that area of NC

1 person likes this

Posted

I see good places to get stoned. You did?

Posted

I see good places to get stoned. You did?

Stoned, as it hitting the actual stones... yes my youngest did that once...  about broke his wrist...  

Otherwise... no.

Posted

Looks like a fun family time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cool pictures, looks like it was a pretty fun trip, glad you had a good time.

And yes, coming from Blacksburg to Wilmington, it's hot and humid. but I do not miss when those cold winds pick up in the winter...cuts right through you.

Now get back in the gym!

1 person likes this

Posted

Hope to be going to college there next fall

Posted

Cool pictures, looks like it was a pretty fun trip, glad you had a good time.

And yes, coming from Blacksburg to Wilmington, it's hot and humid. but I do not miss when those cold winds pick up in the winter...cuts right through you.

Now get back in the gym!

Yeah... I went in Saturday about 10AM and thought I'd see you but didn't.  You went earlier right?  :p

We got home Friday just in time to catch the game and I meant to text you but forgot.

Hope to be going to college there next fall

I think my son is actually considering App now that we've been up there.  He's a senior this year.

Posted

Yeah... I went in Saturday about 10AM and thought I'd see you but didn't. You went earlier right? :p

We got home Friday just in time to catch the game and I meant to text you but forgot.

I think my son is actually considering App now that we've been up there. He's a senior this year.

nice yeah it's an awesome school

Posted

Yeah... I went in Saturday about 10AM and thought I'd see you but didn't. You went earlier right? :p

We got home Friday just in time to catch the game and I meant to text you but I forgot

I went in in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday. Making those gains in the afternoon.

1 person likes this

Posted

I went in in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday. Making those gains in the afternoon.

I hear you...

We'll get back together this weekend hopefully...  doing back today.  Probably be crowded... :(

But you know what that means... :)

Posted

The mountains of NC are really an amazing place. 

It houses one of the few temperate rain forests in the world (in the Transylvania County area). It has high peaks (by east coast standards) with micro-climates above 5,000 feet in elevation as well as in the valleys of the Jocassee Gorge. It has areas that get 100+ inches of snow per year and areas that get ~100 inches of rain per year. It has areas where the average summer time high does not eclipse 80 degrees. There are some really incredible hikes and absolutely stunning drives on the parkway and other mountain roads.

There are great unique towns with excellent eateries, tons of breweries, and a lot of wineries.

It's my favorite part of the state.

I was in Asheville yesterday. In Asheville it was 85ish degrees. I drove up about 10 miles on the parkway and it was 66 degrees, and I was still about 1500-1700 feet below the highest point on the parkway.

On any given day in the summer, Mount Mitchell rarely gets out of the 60's and 50's are common.

An immense amount of diversity in a fairly small geographic area. We should all consider ourselves fortunate to have such an area so easily accessible.

3 people like this