Photo
- - - - -

Did a Panthers fan actually say something about Defense?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

The Carolina Panthers better put in a hurry-up defense quickly.

That became apparent in Thursday night’s 14-9 preseason loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

With the defensive starters playing most of the first half, the Panthers struggled to stop Philadelphia’s fast-paced attack. The Eagles piled up 257 yards of total offense in the first half.

Carolina's defense was on its heels, reacting instead of being proactive, most of the night.

Philadelphia coach Chip Kelly’s scheme is unique, but the Panthers are going to face elements of it in the regular season. They have to play Atlanta (twice), a team that’s proficient in the no-huddle offense. They also have to face Seattle’s Russell Wilson and San Francisco’s Colin Kaepernick, a pair of quarterbacks who can make things happen with their ability to run.

http://espn.go.com/b...panthers-eagles

Newton was pretty bad again. At least he consistent staying close to his 50% completions with 3/6 last week and 8/17 tonight. Also he chews gum like someone with no etiquette, like a cow chewing its cud.

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,756 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

Another lonely evening Alejandro? We saw you lurking in the chat room tonight.

#3 Borat

Borat

Very Nice, I Like!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

LOL those 14 points really scream "Panthers D sucks!" don't they?

#4 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,403 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

lol @ anyone who expected RR to plan another 7 sack game, which would mean he goes into the season with no clue what the secondary can do.

I guess Alice expects the taints to win the preseason championship.

#5 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

you are one sad, lonely individual

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,777 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

starting new threads compulsively, stalking me and writing comments on my huddle profile... alejandro please get in your bentley and go try to pick up some actual women. go ahead, go

#7 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Did a guy whose team fielded the single worst defense in NFL history just last season actually try to talk smack about defense? :unsure:

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,777 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

Did a guy whose team fielded the single worst defense in NFL history just last season actually try to talk smack about defense? :unsure:

for alejandro it's either poo idiotic posts from his keyboard all night or face the terrifying emptiness of his ironically possession-consumed existence. which would you chose?

#9 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

LOL those 14 points really scream "Panthers D sucks!" don't they?

To be fair, without a jaw-droppingly stupid interception and a fumble or two it likely would have been much more than 14.  However, that doesn't change the fact that Kelly's offense was running at a pretty high level for the preseason and Carolina's defense was about as basic as they come.  I'm not concerned.

#10 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

philadelphia is in the middle of installing a new offense and the panthers clearly didn't game plan for it.

the name of the game when it comes to defense in the year 2013 is limiting points and forcing turnovers.  mission accomplished on both counts if we're keeping track.  so long as those two things are happening, what's given up yardage-wise is a distant third in importance unless your defense is so bad at it that it literally breaks records.  

we were running base packages while kelly was giving us read option looks with fuging nick foles.  even then the front four got some nice pressures.  do the math idiot.

#11 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Alice, I told you this before. Leave all football talk to people who understand the game.  Go back to getting your taint licked by your dog.

#12 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

starting new threads compulsively, stalking me and writing comments on my huddle profile... alejandro please get in your bentley and go try to pick up some actual women. go ahead, go

Most chicks can't be picked up with a peanut butter coated gooch.

#13 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

I'd like to see how that fast paced offense is treating their defense around week 6. Bet half that team ends up on the ir and bet they lose a lot of games in the 4th quarter this year.

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

for alejandro it's either poo idiotic posts from his keyboard all night or face the terrifying emptiness of his ironically possession-consumed existence. which would you chose?

Option C: Find something better to do

#15 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Talking poo about a preseason game on a rival's forum.

You're an excellent troll, I'll give you credit there.

Sent from my SGH-T999

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.