- - - - -

Chip Kelly football

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#11 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Our CBs couldn't even come close to covering their WRs on a lot of plays.  They looked horrible.  That has nothing to do with this "complex" Kelly offense.  The young DTs were going against a pretty good OL and that showed as well.  They aren't going to be amazing right off the bat despite looking that way against Chicago.  

When you look at how our guys actually played, they looked bad. But everyone is just chalking it up as pre-season play that doesn't matter.  Which is stupid.

I recall Rivera saying something about wanting to win these games to creating a winning attitude in order to try and prevent another slow start.  They didn't come close to playing with that kind of attitude.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

I just don't see how his Offense and players will hold up through an entire NFL season. Yeah they might be good right out of the gate a couple of games, but that fast pace offense will tire players out big time.

yea that could be a factor.  how long can they keep it up, or if they stumble, do they doubt themselves?  they have endless possibilities though and seem to be buying into the system.

#13 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• LocationWashington State
HUDDLER

really?  i was laughing at us looking totally lost last night, i just wish i found it funny.  are u laughing b/c they are actually getting ready for the season?

so because we lost 9 to 14 in a meaningless preseason game we are not getting ready for the season? smdh..

#14 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

We've already got Kelly fanboys, nice.

Yep, I'm a Chip Kelly fan boy!!!

You got me!!!

Now, keep trying to pretend our team didn't look like poop last night.  We have time to improve, no doubt.  But like I said, we need to be more realistic in our excuse making.

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

so because we lost 9 to 14 in a meaningless preseason game we are not getting ready for the season? smdh..

sure, if that's what you got out of that statement.

#16 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

We've already got Kelly fanboys, nice.

You should know by now that any loss from the Panthers (Pre-Season or Regular) people start jumping ship faster than being on the Titanic and create love fest with "supposed" better coaches or players faster than gay couples can get married in California.

#17 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

We didn't gameplan per se but you gotta respect Kelly's tactics. He sliced up our defense like a knife cutting through butter. Once again, this is preseason, yet it was a humbling experience for our young guys. A very valuable ass kicking IMHO. This will prepare us for The Patriots (who operate a familiar offense).

#18 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

We were bailed out by 2 bad turnovers.  It should've been way worse.

#19 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

he sounds like he's thinking ahead of the curve..  And here I just wanted this offense to stay with 2 TEs..  That 4 TE set completely opens up the field and allows you to dominate if the right calls are made, especially from the QB. 

#20 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• LocationWashington State
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

lol... our fanbase. that is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users