95 replies to this topic

#46 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

The difference for us is that we didn't use Cam and Tolbert in the redzone and likely won't in the preseason since it means nothing.  If you don't use your weapons you aren't going to doing much.  That is just another reason the preseason won't presage what we do in the regular season.

So we are the only team playing vanilla while every other team is game planning and going all out? Russell Wilson isn't running a lot neither is Marshawn Lynch but yet they're  still scoring points. Its preseason for the other 31 teams as well. We aren't the only team holding back.

#47 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,366 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Yeah their backups really kicked ass on the Broncos backups.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#48 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Son, week 1 is gonna be a TEST.

I love it ..... like Gettleman said competition brings out the best of the players. Week 1 is going to put Panthers on map when we beat Seattle. 

#49 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

So we are the only team playing vanilla while every other team is game planning and going all out? Russell Wilson isn't running a lot neither is Marshawn Lynch but yet they're  still scoring points. Its preseason for the other 31 teams as well. We aren't the only team holding back.

I really don't know what others teams are doing,  just ours.  It really doesn't matter whether they are scoring points or not.  When game 1 happens we all will be trying our best and then we will see what happens.  Until then making much out of preseason is just ridiculous.  There will plenty of time for the sky to fall once the season starts.

#50 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

I really don't know what others teams are doing,  just ours.  It really doesn't matter whether they are scoring points or not.  When game 1 happens we all will be trying our best and then we will see what happens.  Until then making much out of preseason is just ridiculous.  There will plenty of time for the sky to fall once the season starts.

Nobody said the sky is falling. Nobody said call off the season. I'm concerned with the offense because I've seen the same issues throughout last season when they weren't running a "vanilla" offense. It's preseason for everyone else too. We aren't that good of a team where we can say well we aren't tying as hard as they are.

#51 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Nobody said the sky is falling. Nobody said call off the season. I'm concerned with the offense because I've seen the same issues throughout last season when they weren't running a "vanilla" offense. It's preseason for everyone else too. We aren't that good of a team where we can say well we aren't tying as hard as they are.

No, the slow start had nothing with running a vanilla offense in preseason last year.  it had to do with getting too cute on offense and running too much read option.  Chud also put us in third and longs too often and we tried for the homerun too often instead of going for a first down.

That has nothing to do with this year or the offense in preseason last year.  So stop being concerned.  You are making  a lot out of nothing.

#52 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Man every time  i read AceBoogie comment  its always negative ...........  you need some Cheerios in the morning to cheer you up lol.

I understand your concern but it seems like we have complete team on both side of the ball with return of the injured players. Also last year taught us how to close out games with a W. Its not like we where getting demolished by team....except NY & broncos. 

I wager you $100 huddle dollar that we have winning record 11-5 or better, 1,000 yds + RB, 1000yds WR , 1000yds TE

Cam with 4000yds passing & 500 yds + rushing.

Attached Files

#53 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

I posted the same thing in NFL central. Those jokers have speed all over the place. They are handing it to the Bronco's and their offense was NOT on the filed for 42 mins of total time in the 1st half.

Scary how good they can be.

looks like Panthro with all things considered.....

#54 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

No, the slow start had nothing with running a vanilla offense in preseason last year.  it had to do with getting too cute on offense and running too much read option.  Chud also put us in third and longs too often and we tried for the homerun too often instead of going for a first down.

That has nothing to do with this year or the offense in preseason last year.  So stop being concerned.  You are making  a lot out of nothing.

So we are running vanilla now and that is why the offense doesn't look great and last year it was because we got too cute. So your saying once we drop the pre from season we will have a nice well balanced offense that isn't vanilla but not quite rocky road?

#55 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Man every time  i read AceBoogie comment  its always negative ...........  you need some Cheerios in the morning to cheer you up lol.

I understand your concern but it seems like we have complete team on both side of the ball with return of the injured players. Also last year taught us how to close out games with a W. Its not like we where getting demolished by team....except NY & broncos. 

I wager you $100 huddle dollar that we have winning record 11-5 or better, 1,000 yds + RB, 1000yds WR , 1000yds TE

Cam with 4000yds passing & 500 yds + rushing.

Negativity is often mistaken for being a realist. Nobody wants this team to win more than I do.

#56 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Broncos are playing like crap and giving them the ball.

ST and  turnovers are hurting the Broncos.

OMG a Fox coached team sucks at ST?!!?!!???!?!

#57 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

So we are running vanilla now and that is why the offense doesn't look great and last year it was because we got too cute. So your saying once we drop the pre from season we will have a nice well balanced offense that isn't vanilla but not quite rocky road?

No that isn't what I said. I said we are running a vanilla offense and defense which wont resemble what we run during the season. So any predictions will be potentially wrong. I don't know what others teams are doing or how that compares. For example we don't play Philly unless it was in the playoffs so why does it matter how we do against them. This is about our progression not other teams. Our meeting our goals on our time schedule. We have to be able to compete week 1. Until then it is all a process which is a Riveraism for It is what it is.

#58 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

So what part of each team in preseason has their own goals and way of approaching it so sometimes results are way different.  For example how long did Peyton Manning play?  Yeah.......

All of this whining and complaining is just stupid.  Grow a pair and wait until the season starts before falling all apart and crying a river.

Until there was 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Your point?

#59 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

No that isn't what I said. I said we are running a vanilla offense and defense which wont resemble what we run during the season. So any predictions will be potentially wrong. I don't know what others teams are doing or how that compares. For example we don't play Philly unless it was in the playoffs so why does it matter how we do against them. This is about our progression not other teams. Our meeting our goals on our time schedule. We have to be able to compete week 1. Until then it is all a process which is a Riveraism for It is what it is.

We've all been brainwashed by Rivera. It just seems like it goes from "its just preseason" to "we'll regroup after the bye and continue to improve" then "its a process and we knew it wouldn't be easy blah blah blah" just tired of hearing it i want to see it. Vanilla or not Jordan Gross said their trying to move the ball and score when you don't see that happening its concerning.

#60 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Yeah their backups really kicked ass on the Broncos backups.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Seattle's starters beat Denver's starters 33-7. Backups were 7-3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com