* * - - - 3 votes

The EJ Manuel pressure on Cam.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

I know I will get a lot of disagrees, but I dont see Cam ever being elite. He will stay in the Tony Romo/Cutler/Roethlisberger type class. Very good but also very inconsistent. People who think Cam's potential is Brees/Rodgers/Brady are in for a world of disappointment. He will always be a 57%-58% completion rate, 85-90 QB rating type QB.

You know how a QB can go from 57-58% to 65% like those guys. Short throws to your speedy receivers. Tony Romo/Cutler/Roethlisberger think their arm is too strong to settle for 5 yards throws so they try to fit the ball between defenders. Hopefully Cam doesn't follow that path and see the light.

#62 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

in between what?Cam had to buy time, escape a collapsing pocket and reset his feet while still looking down field. im not upset he tried to force a pass, to smitty. it is alot easier to miss a 5'9 WR high, compared to someone bigger.

while typing this Sam Bradford just missed a wide open Austin in the flat on a 3 yard route, but he would have walked into the end zone.

I made that point on a different thread in defense of Cam. I'm watching the game right now(recorded it), if you look at the play after the RB(I think DeAngelo) set his block he came out of the middle wide open. He could have picked up at least 10 yards if Newton had gone to that check down. If you recorded the game Go to 5:15 on the 1st quarter, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I saw that too. Bradford is not in the same league as Cam, he is expected to do that.

#63 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Don't you see how much of a double standard that is?  When he get's pissed it's called sulky.. when he smiles he doesn't care,,, when he is neutral his head is not in the game.   I mean wtf does he have to do?  Smile while yelling in a neutral tone?

If he is smiling on the sideline after being pulled in the 3rd quarter on a blow out game in which his team is winning, the world will smile with him. There is plenty of time to lollygag, after completing 50% of your passes is not one of them.

#64 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Watch last years games.  Tell me how often Cam even had guys running checkdown routes.

Seriously nearly every pass play was 3 guys booking it downfield and 1 guy over the middle.

#65 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Watch last years games.  Tell me how often Cam even had guys running checkdown routes.

Seriously nearly every pass play was 3 guys booking it downfield and 1 guy over the middle.

That's a coaching problem. Our OL is not cut out for that.

#66 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Ponder noted that they had a hard time figuring out the Bills "exotic" defense in their preseason game... no worries, we have Chico to do that for us.

#67 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,777 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Watch last years games. Tell me how often Cam even had guys running checkdown routes.

Look at the safety in the broncos game for a perfect example. The shortest route was a 15 yard in by lafell.

#68 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

On the physical talent stand point no one outdo Cam. The fact still stands, Cam needs to take command of this offense and utilize his check down more.

Let's put Captain checkdown pickles in then. BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED

#69 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,331 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

If he is smiling on the sideline after being pulled in the 3rd quarter on a blow out game in which his team is winning, the world will smile with him. There is plenty of time to lollygag, after completing 50% of your passes is not one of them.

Yes. Cam should go back to sulking. That has been so good for him these last couple of seasons.

#70 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,331 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

You know how a QB can go from 57-58% to 65% like those guys. Short throws to your speedy receivers. Tony Romo/Cutler/Roethlisberger think their arm is too strong to settle for 5 yards throws so they try to fit the ball between defenders. Hopefully Cam doesn't follow that path and see the light.

Although i agree Cam could check down, our offense isn't really designed that way.

#71 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Let's put Captain checkdown pickles in then. BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED

We're just asking for Cam to see the whole field and not just Smith. We all know he has an elite arm, just exercise some patience.

#72 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

I got one thing from this.....

Goes to show how weak preseason is when EJ can score a TD calling his own plays!

#73 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

No time for patience with our shitty line. If you give me a choice of a guy who can drop it in a bucket 50 yards away or a check down noodle arm who would you want. We have plenty of rbs who pick up five yards with good blocking. I want our wr's making big plays.

#74 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yes. Cam should go back to sulking. That has been so good for him these last couple of seasons.

Being serious and sulking are two different things. Distancing yourself from your teammate by seating by yourself is sulking. Maintaining a straight face while standing next to your teammate is serious. Personally, Cam's body language is the least I care about, if I even do. I don't even notice him on the sideline.

#75 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

I got one thing from this.....

Goes to show how weak preseason is when EJ can score a TD calling his own plays!

The presence of mind to do that deserves some credit too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com