Photo
- - - - -

Charlotte Lands top 150 player for 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#11 Charlotte49erFootball

Charlotte49erFootball

ROOKIE

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

You an incoming freshman? If so, join Niner Nation Gold. They'll be doing a bus trip to Knoxville for the Tennessee game this year. There are also food and beverages provided to members before home games. It's worth the 20 dollars.

You didn't quote anyone so I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not. Anyway, I'm not a freshman I graduated in '03. Just looking forward getting out and watching some games with decent talent for a change.

#12 Niner National

Niner National

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

You didn't quote anyone so I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not. Anyway, I'm not a freshman I graduated in '03. Just looking forward getting out and watching some games with decent talent for a change.

I was talking to the other guy. I know who you are from NNN

#13 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

Great. Now can they get out of the A10 ASAP?

#14 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Football will have to come first. If people buy the FSL's, football will come. If football comes, the Big East is a likely destination after the next conference realignment.

A10 is the best conference for basketball outside of the Big 6 conferences the most consistently. The league has quite a quite a bit of talent committed for the upcoming season and the 2010 season. A lot of top 150 players (Rivals list) have committed or have a good shot at landing in the A-10 this coming season and in 2010. St. Joe's alone signed one top 50 guy, one top 100 guy, and one top 150 guy for the 2010 class. Xavier's recruiting hasn't slacked off at all since Sean Miller's departure for Arizona. Dayton, Charlotte, and UMass have all stepped it up in a big way as well. Hell, even LaSalle pulled in a top 30 player for the 2009 class. Charlotte is starting to get back to the level of recruiting they were at when they were in C-USA.

I want to get out of the A-10 as badly as anyone else, and so does anyone else who has interest in Charlotte athletics, but it sadly won't happen unless the school starts to take the football effort more seriously. They announced that they would seek to add football and then nothing else has really been heard since. Supposedly they are supposed to be starting a big advertising push in July, so maybe that will help. The program needs a face that people know to get behind the football push in order for it to be a draw to casual supporters. There has already been one 7 figure donation for football, but the donor and amount have not been announced.

#15 God

God

Attitude

HUDDLER

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

Apparently this kid has reopened his recruitment. Sucks for Charlotte.

#16 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

Saw this today. Hopefully he decides to stay with Charlotte, but if not, we still have a pretty solid back court the next few seasons. We need a SF and C more.anyway.