110 replies to this topic

#31 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hasn't Rivera said that he doesn't like spending high picks on CBs because they don't know proper technique coming out of college?

I think that double dipping at OT could be possible. James Hurst (UNC) and Jawuan James (Tennessee) could be two possibilities. I also would not be surprised to see Rivera take an LB as well as a FS. Tre Johnson out of UNC is another interesting prospect at FS.

Then there's the issue at WR.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Hasn't Rivera said that he doesn't like spending high picks on CBs because they don't know proper technique coming out of college?

I think that double dipping at OT could be possible. James Hurst (UNC) and Jawuan James (Tennessee) could be two possibilities. I also would not be surprised to see Rivera take an LB as well as a FS. Tre Johnson out of UNC is another interesting prospect at FS.

When did Rivera say that? And who know if Chico will even be here next year having input on who to take.

#33 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

There is no Tre Johnson at UNC.

#34 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,510 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if Gettleman ignores CB and OL till round 2 and goes with a WR prospect. 

Especially if we are picking before 15.

If we pick later 15 I think he would be more apt to go after a LT prospect.

#35 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if Gettleman ignores CB and OL till round 2 and goes with a WR prospect.
Especially if we are picking before 15.

If we pick later 15 I think he would be more apt to go after a LT prospect.

I can see that. Just assuming Gman sticks to the NYG philosophy it certainly make sense. OL have been a position acquired mostly through FA for the Giants. As much as I would love to get a hand on an OT/OG, I could settle for a veteran OL and let's say Sammy Watkins.

#36 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

This is just me, but I would absolutely love to trade up for Marqise Lee. I don't care if that cost us a 2nd and future 1st. If he lives to the hype, it's a win for us. I gladly come out of the draft with Marqise alone. It's time to find 89 replacement now.

Though, I'm not sure if Lee would compliment Cam as well as Sammy Watkins. Watkins seem more athletically gifted to where we can use him in more dynamic ways: coming off screens, reverses, and with the read option. Lee is better off being with a Rodgers, Brady, Ryan kind of QB.

#37 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,510 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

This is just me, but I would absolutely love to trade up for Marqise Lee. I don't care if that cost us a 2nd and future 1st. If he lives to the hype, it's a win for us. I gladly come out of the draft with Marqise alone. It's time to find 89 replacement now.

Though, I'm not sure if Lee would compliment Cam as well as Sammy Watkins. Watkins seem more athletically gifted to where we can use him in more dynamic ways: coming off screens, reverses, and with the read option. Lee is better off being with a Rodgers, Brady, Ryan kind of QB.

If I thought we were locks for the Playoffs in 2014-15 I would agree with you on Lee, but we aren't and trading away picks is part of the problems that plague the team now.

I really wish WR was a much deeper group next year. We will need them in bunches...again...next offseason.

#38 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

WR is super deep in the 14 Draft.  A ton of guys who will probably go in top 75ish picks who can help early.  Just a short list...

Lee

Watkins

Evans

Moncrief

Coleman

Hoffman

Matthews

Williams

Huff

Hill

Parker

#39 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,204 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Consider.

Players possibly not here.

Lafell

Gettis

Edwards

Hixon

Ginn

Gross

Beason

Godfrey (Cap cut)

Hardy

Just to name a few.

Starting positions that need to be possibly upgraded.

RT, RG, WR 2,3,4,5, LT, FS, SS, CB

Sheesh

Soooo

O-Line, WR , CB ? as top 3 ?

Coach?

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,271 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Coach?

Bill Cowher. I see all these commercials with Bill reppn Panthers' blue. Lol

But being serious, two college HC I really like and felt that can make the transition to the NFL are Kevin Sumlin of Texas A&M and David Shaw of the Stanford Cardinals.

#41 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

David Shaw is never going anywhere....NEVER.  He made that pretty clear last year when he signed an extension before jobs even opened....

#42 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

There is no Tre Johnson at UNC.

Tre Boston, my mistake. Ty!

chuck: I could've sworn that I read that on the main board somewhere. I wish I could remember the source.

#43 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Tre Boston, my mistake. Ty!

chuck: I could've sworn that I read that on the main board somewhere. I wish I could remember the source.

There ya go! Oh yea and GO HEELS! Screw the Cocks!

#44 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hypothetical question:
Cam breaks his leg and we finish with the second overall pick in the 2014 draft.

Pick number one chooses terry bridgewater.
We are up, and teams are dying to make a trade.
Team with pick number four offers us their first round, their third round and next years first for our pick. Do we trade?

#45 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

meh we sign Nicks then pick OL with every pick in the draft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com