Photo
- - - - -

2014 Draft Positions of Need.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#106 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

I highly prefer WR first, bc imo that's our strongest need.

Same here and if Allen Robinson is there I think we have to take him.

#107 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

Same here and if Allen Robinson is there I think we have to take him.

Im really not a fan of Robinson, but right now anyone is better than LaFail. Huge upgrade over Fail.

#108 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Rotoworld.com announcing giants will not bring back Hakeem nicks! No suprise i guess but gettleman can be smart here! Nobody apart from raiders perhaps will pay nicks big money not after his last two seasons of mediocrity! I say gettleman offers him a homecoming incentives based $2-4 mill deal.
If that is done then the need for a top top wide receiver in the first can wait perhaps or we can double dip at Oline a tackle and a guard then go for a receivers in the third! An go dbs and a rb late in draft.
My opinion is nicks will be a panther which I'm ok with if he's offered an incentives based deal so he balls from day one! He has something to prove!, with beasons 6th round pick we have all seven picks available unlike last years 5 so I say knowing we have nicks we trade up from 28th pick for a top ten pick and get Watkins or Lee! We can get a oline in second like a hurst from unc, so trading a third or fourth is no biggy and then we get our needs filled by taking dbs late in the draft and undrafted prospects! Out of the 8 guys we signed to futures contracts five were Oline men I think, so it tells you we will probably only take one in the draft with kugbila,amini to both comeback next year, so trading up would make sense and then cam gets his line upgraded and gets two weapons in nicks and a top ten pick wideout.

#109 kdrh5

kdrh5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

It'd be nice to sign Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt as cheap reclamation projects and have them revive their careers much like Ted Ginn, who I hope is retained. I've got no problem seeing LaFell walk.

#110 ncfan

ncfan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

Sorry even if we get a Nicks we still need to go WR 1st.  OL, Gross is having a Pro-Bowl year and Very Possible he comes back.  The OG's are down to the 3rd String (could you imagine the WR's being in that spot having to possibly bring back Armanti to start?!) and the 1st's are in their 1st-2nd year (Gettleman also high on).  Bell is Garbage but its not hard to find a FA or 3rd rounder better them him to protect his right side.  Cam is mobile and overall has had a decent amount of time in the pocket this year.  That game winning drive, he had more time in the pocket than Any of our opponents this year have had.  Many Many sacks have came from WR's failing to get open (see Sunday night Nola game where announcers were highlighting almost every drive going around circling all our guy unable to get separation).  I can tell you there are Many teams in the NFL right now who would love for their OL to be playing at the level our guys have had considering the injuries.  Just no need to spend a 1st on an OT to replace Gross at LT down the road.  We are right up there right now as a Super Bowl contender.  Don't go grabbing guys that may help 3-4+ years down the road grab a guy who is going to help Now.  You can use that 1st on a LT when Gross does decide to hang it up.  To be honest double dipping in some form (FA+1st, 1st+2nd) at WR is a must this year.

If we don't get Nick's, i'd kill to double dip at WR like we did DT.  Benjamin+Moncrief, Matthews+Moncrief.  It doesn't matter what OL Cam has, without Weapons it is not going to matter at all.  The OL we have now (healthy and minor fix on the right side) is perfectly fine if Cam has weapons.  If Cam had something to work with outside Smith and Olson there would not be a mummer about this OL besides Gross will need to be replaced in a few years.

Rotoworld.com announcing giants will not bring back Hakeem nicks! No suprise i guess but gettleman can be smart here! Nobody apart from raiders perhaps will pay nicks big money not after his last two seasons of mediocrity! I say gettleman offers him a homecoming incentives based $2-4 mill deal.
If that is done then the need for a top top wide receiver in the first can wait perhaps or we can double dip at Oline a tackle and a guard then go for a receivers in the third! An go dbs and a rb late in draft.

#111 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

OL,WR,CB