Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Risers and Fallers - Ravens Edition

36 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd put Star, Short, and Alexander on the risers list.  Even though there are already high expectations (similar to Luke), their individual performances were excellent.

7 people like this

Posted

And you laughed at me for including Shula on my fallers edition.

Posted

Our D-line was very good at times but still looked like there were some missed assignments on a few of those runs.  I think Star is going to be great in this league for years though.

Kind of nice for our line to put enough pressure on the QB for our secondary and linebackers to tee off and make plays.

Offense was stale both in play calling and execution. Doesn't matter if JStew is back, Armanti, Jerry Rice, whoever.... if we don't get some time to throw the ball and a few seams to run, it ain't gonna matter.

Gano continues to rise in my book. Dude has been solid.

Beason was on the field and didn't get carried off. That's a riser in my book as well.

3 people like this

Posted

Fallers- coaches. Once again the team takes the field looking flat, unprepared and generally apathetic.

Fallers- WR's. Dropping drive killing catchable balls.

Risers- Star/ KK. Holy crap- talk about potential.

Risers- Barner. Continues to impresses and now with ball security.

1 person likes this

Posted

Risers- Barner. Continues to impresses and now with ball security.

Way too much was made of his one fumble on his first NFL carry. People are just anxious to tear him down.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty spot on Zod.

Defense (Keek and Star especially) were on fire.  I can't even tell you what Keek looks like out there... freaking incredible.  That kid... wow.

Offense looked pathetic.  O line is scary bad.  There's a chance they can pull it together but we have to get more talent on the line.  Gettleman, are you listening?

ST's look like they haven't looked in... uh... can't remember.  Ted Ginn was amazing.  Even the kicking game looks good, when have we been able to say that?

Posted

Shula has definately fallen and I wasnt very high on him to begin with.  I honestly believe one of the biggest problems with our offense is the lack of a head coach/offensive coordinator that knows how to use the pieces we have effectively.

Posted

As a man who admits when Im wrong. Star jumped off my screen last night.

5 people like this

Posted

People like to throw out that the Panther's offense and Cam haven't played well in the preseason under Rivera and cite that Cam had no problems during the season.  And to an extent this may be true.  But why is this ok?

For a team that wants to talk about this season being about winning it seems that they aren't quite sure how.  It starts with focus, toughness, and preparation.  Last night's offensive performance was the farthest thing from those three qualities that I've ever seen.  And those are NOT things you just "turn on" once the season starts.  

Maybe that's why we've started out so badly the last few years.

Posted

Beason was on the field and didn't get carried off. That's a riser in my book as well.

IIRC Beason took Vonte Leach head on, bounce him off like he was nothing and made the tackle.  Good things from Beason last night.

1 person likes this

Posted

Faller: Mike Mitchell. Fine line between nasty and reckless...

Riser DJ Moore: Has really impressed me during the Preseason...

Those are the two I didn't see mentioned.

1 person likes this