#16 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Luke's popularity has blown the fug up since that game against the Ravens the other night.  Like seriously, I'm seeing it everywhere.

Amazing what a great... who am I kidding, DOMINANT performance on primetime does for you.

Seeing a lot of people calling him a possible all-time great, saying he's already better than Willis, etc. when just a couple of months ago all they could say was "Yeah, he's alright I guess but overrated... tackles are a misleading stat".

Glad the rest of the nation finally fuging seen him play.

#17 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,333 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Just interesting that the defense is already getting national attention and praise.

A year ago it was Cam Cam Cam. Now he is rarely mentioned.

Luke became a rockstar overnight. Before that game, Kuechly was overrated and Lee, Washington, Bowman, Cushing, David, Wagner, etc were all better than Keek. Now, Luke is a Top 3 LB (some already rank him number one) and will challenge JJ Watt for DPOY.

Imagine that.

#18 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,238 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Luke became a rockstar overnight. Before that game, Kuechly was overrated and Lee, Washington, Bowman, Cushing, David, Wagner, etc were all better than Keek. Now, Luke is a Top 3 LB (some already rank him number one) and will challenge JJ Watt for DPOY.

Imagine that.

Yep, I've been seeing it too... and I also saw all the Wagner, Lee, David, etc. dingbats (people who never even fuging saw Luke play) from not so long ago.  I've literally even seen people, non-Panther fans at that, say he's an all-time great talent at the Mike.  It's just funny to see how fast he went from overrated to potential all-time great after one game where people finally saw him play.

Not that I disagree or anything. B)

#19 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,813 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Just interesting that the defense is already getting national attention and praise.

A year ago it was Cam Cam Cam. Now he is rarely mentioned.

Just goes to show how nationally televised games play an important role in the media narrative.

#20 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

We drafted 2 DT's in the 1st/2nd round to let Luke shine

When are we going to draft WR's and OL to let Cam shine?

#21 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,333 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Yep, I've been seeing it too... and I also saw all the Wagner, Lee, David, etc. dingbats (people who never even fuging saw Luke play) from not so long ago. I've literally even seen people, non-Panther fans at that, say he's an all-time great talent at the Mike. It's just funny to see how fast he went from overrated to potential all-time great after one game where people finally saw him play.

Not that I disagree or anything. B)

I know, right?!

It just goes to show you that other fanbases don't know squat when arriving to our team. All that: "tackle stats are inflated... Luke only gets those by jumping on piles..." crap can finally be put to rest. The world got to see Luke dominate the entire first half.

I was shocked to see Raven fans compare him to Ray Lewis though. Prior to that game, it'd be blasphemy.

#22 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Jump on that wagon now.

pie for the ST gif

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

i've got this feeling it will be OL next year. OT in first and second.

i will say that if we start rookies on the OL next year, expect more really bad OL play for a year.

i'll also say we need vets, not newbs unless we're fine with waiting another year or two for cam to shine. rookies rarely don't look horrible when they see significant play time on the OL.i don't care how early they are drafted.

#24 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

some other year?

#25 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,667 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

This is a good thing. All signs are pointing right now to our defense being legit as fug, with Luke and Star being two monsters in the company. With all this attention and criticism taken off of Cam, he can have some peace and quiet. Don't worry, once some serious investments are made into the offense this coming offseason, Cam will come back better than ever.

#26 Qu1million

Qu1million

CantBeatMeInMadden!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Some of that credit goes to Gruden as well, all media is on his nuts and like to agree with him just because he said so

#27 gmonjimbo

gmonjimbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

i've got this feeling it will be OL next year. OT in first and second.

i will say that if we start rookies on the OL next year, expect more really bad OL play for a year.

i'll also say we need vets, not newbs unless we're fine with waiting another year or two for cam to shine. rookies rarely don't look horrible when they see significant play time on the OL.i don't care how early they are drafted.

They couldn't be worse than Bryon Bell. Alabama prospect, Cyrus Kouandjio is probably better than Byron Bell right now.

#28 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,667 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

I want a legit WR in the first or second next year, BUT IM SO TIRED OF FIFTH AND SIXTH ROUND O-LINE SCRUBS. We need legit talent at so many positions on the O-Line.

I believe Gett Dawg will go O-Line with the first and second rounds next offseason. A Guard and a Tackle. We already have a precedent for double dipping at a position. I believe he will probably look to free agency for a real WR talent. Ginn was a STs pickup and Hixon was just another body to bring in. 

#29 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Think of the beauty of all of this.  So, we become a defensive-oriented team with a dominant front seven.  Rivera gets the praise that by his third year, the team has an identity that coincides with his background.

Our offense begins to gel, and we implement a healthy balance of Cam Newton (read option/passing) with a running attack, and the season is full of promise.

Now, to take off the rose colored glasses, what the hell are we going to do about that dreadful offensive line.  They are offensive in every sense of the word.

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

They couldn't be worse than Bryon Bell. Alabama prospect, Cyrus Kouandjio is probably better than Byron Bell right now.

i'm setting the bar a little hire than bell...definitely higher than "couldn't be worse".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.