236 replies to this topic

#151 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

I would like to see us get a good starting type LT  with our 1st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft to eventually replace Jordon Gross.

Jake Mathews 6'5" 308 lb  Texas A&M as well as Taylor Lewan 6'8" 302 lb  Michigan will both  probably be gone by the time we pick..

In that event I would  like to consider one of the following: 

Antonio Richardson 6' 6" 332 lb Tennessee

Cameron Ervin 6'6" 310 lb Florida State

Cyrus Kouandjio 6'6" 310 lb Alabama

#152 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

I would like to see us get a good starting type LT  with our 1st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft to eventually replace Jordon Gross.

Jake Mathews 6'5" 308 lb  Texas A&M as well as Taylor Lewan 6'8" 302 lb  Michigan will both  probably be gone by the time we pick..

In that event I would  like to consider one of the following: 

Antonio Richardson 6' 6" 332 lb Tennessee

Cameron Ervin 6'6" 310 lb Florida State

Cyrus Kouandjio 6'6" 310 lb Alabama

i wouldn't mind Cam and Cyrus in the 1st. Tiny is decent but way to inconsistent.i liked the way he played last weekend vs Mizzoui but didn't like the way he played vs Auburn today.

#153 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

i wouldn't mind Cam and Cyrus in the 1st. Tiny is decent but way to inconsistent.i liked the way he played last weekend vs Mizzoui but didn't like the way he played vs Auburn today.

Thanks for the heads up DaCityKats...I didn't get to watch the Auburn game today.

#154 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Dorial Green- Beckham, WR Mizzou. 6’6 225 former #1 recruit in the nation last year. The game is starting to slow down for him, and he had a coming out party last sat. Finished with 4 TDs vs. Kentucky. I think him and Mauk will take over the SEC next year like Manziel and Evans did this year. Can really attack the football at its high point, and get vertical up the field.  Reminds me of megatron.

Kony Ealy, DE Mizzou. 6’5 275 pass rusher that can beat you with both speed and power, and very athletic. Reminds me of  Aldon Smith , Carlos Dunlap mix. A redshirt Jr, who put his name in last year but was given a 3rd-4th round grade.  Had 3 sacks on sat, vs. Kentucky, but has 13 QB pressures this year. Doubt he makes it out the 2nd if he declares, but could shoot up the board like Chandler Jones. 

Donte Moncrief, WR Ole Miss. 6’3 226 guy with #1 potential, has recently been rumored to be coming out. Has had 3 games over 100 yards in the last 5 weeks, after a slow start. Can run most routes, and surprises people with deceptive break away speed. Has turned in several big plays where he caught  short route and turned them into 50 yard TDs. Had consecutive 100 yard games vs. LSU. Uses his body to block DBs out as well.

Myles Jack, ILB/RB UCLA.  6’1 225 stud. A true freshman who starts at LB, but since the RB depth is low, he also got some carries from the backfield. Broke a 60 yard run for a TD.NEVER seen a true freshman plays at this level before. Had 6 carries with 120 yards. On defense he only had 8 tackles and recovered a fumble. This young man will be on the radar of scouts for the next 2-3 years. 

Jeoffrey Pagan, DE/DT Bama. 6’4 290 local pass rusher (from Asheville, NC) who can play a 3 tech in a 4 man front, or 5 tech in an odd man front. Wins with quickness and violent hands. Can beat guys into gaps or disengage off blockers. Stayed in LSU backfield sat. And did produce a sack. Have plenty of hurries and pressures as well.

David Yankey, OG Stanford. 6’5 313 senior who has been in discussion for being the best or one of the best OG prospects this year. Has experience at OT, but was transition to the OG were he projects to on the next level. Anchors a power running line, and pulls like a hog when asked too. The Oregon defenders had no answer for him, and he moved them like they little kids. Impressive showing for the senior.

Other standouts

Cedric Ogbuehi, OT Texas A&M

Chris Borland, ILB Wisconsin

AJ McCarron, QB Bama 

Anthony Steen, OG Bama

Cameron Ewing, OT FSU

Nelson Agholor, WR USC

forgot to mention Javorius Allen, RB USC.

#155 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I'd like to add La'el Collins, underclassman OT from LSU who's 6'5, 321. Could leave early and be a late first or second round pick.

#156 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Dorial Green- Beckham, WR Mizzou. 6’6 225 former #1 recruit in the nation last year. The game is starting to slow down for him, and he had a coming out party last sat. Finished with 4 TDs vs. Kentucky. I think him and Mauk will take over the SEC next year like Manziel and Evans did this year. Can really attack the football at its high point, and get vertical up the field.  Reminds me of megatron.

Kony Ealy, DE Mizzou. 6’5 275 pass rusher that can beat you with both speed and power, and very athletic. Reminds me of  Aldon Smith , Carlos Dunlap mix. A redshirt Jr, who put his name in last year but was given a 3rd-4th round grade.  Had 3 sacks on sat, vs. Kentucky, but has 13 QB pressures this year. Doubt he makes it out the 2nd if he declares, but could shoot up the board like Chandler Jones. 

Donte Moncrief, WR Ole Miss. 6’3 226 guy with #1 potential, has recently been rumored to be coming out. Has had 3 games over 100 yards in the last 5 weeks, after a slow start. Can run most routes, and surprises people with deceptive break away speed. Has turned in several big plays where he caught  short route and turned them into 50 yard TDs. Had consecutive 100 yard games vs. LSU. Uses his body to block DBs out as well.

Myles Jack, ILB/RB UCLA.  6’1 225 stud. A true freshman who starts at LB, but since the RB depth is low, he also got some carries from the backfield. Broke a 60 yard run for a TD.NEVER seen a true freshman plays at this level before. Had 6 carries with 120 yards. On defense he only had 8 tackles and recovered a fumble. This young man will be on the radar of scouts for the next 2-3 years. 

Jeoffrey Pagan, DE/DT Bama. 6’4 290 local pass rusher (from Asheville, NC) who can play a 3 tech in a 4 man front, or 5 tech in an odd man front. Wins with quickness and violent hands. Can beat guys into gaps or disengage off blockers. Stayed in LSU backfield sat. And did produce a sack. Have plenty of hurries and pressures as well.

David Yankey, OG Stanford. 6’5 313 senior who has been in discussion for being the best or one of the best OG prospects this year. Has experience at OT, but was transition to the OG were he projects to on the next level. Anchors a power running line, and pulls like a hog when asked too. The Oregon defenders had no answer for him, and he moved them like they little kids. Impressive showing for the senior.

Other standouts

Cedric Ogbuehi, OT Texas A&M

Chris Borland, ILB Wisconsin

AJ McCarron, QB Bama 

Anthony Steen, OG Bama

Cameron Ewing, OT FSU

Nelson Agholor, WR USC

forgot to mention Javorius Allen, RB USC.

Nelly isn't Draft eligible. Only a true Sophomore. By the way, Lee had a really solid game last night. Made some great catches in tight spaces, and looked like he had some of that quick twitch movement after the catch. Seemed to have more trust in his knee & ankle then he has for a few weeks now....

#157 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Nelly isn't Draft eligible. Only a true Sophomore. By the way, Lee had a really solid game last night. Made some great catches in tight spaces, and looked like he had some of that quick twitch movement after the catch. Seemed to have more trust in his knee & ankle then he has for a few weeks now....

Yeah I know, neither is Myles Jack but they stuck out to me. I was really impressed with Lee yesterday. He got hurt but came back in to catch that 4th down slant so they could kick the go ahead field goal.then limped back off.

#158 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,224 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yeah I know, neither is Myles Jack but they stuck out to me. I was really impressed with Lee yesterday. He got hurt but came back in to catch that 4th down slant so they could kick the go ahead field goal.then limped back off.

Yep, Lee gutted it out last night, and made some crucial catches throughout the game....

#159 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

I'd like to add La'el Collins, underclassman OT from LSU who's 6'5, 321. Could leave early and be a late first or second round pick.

Road grader...I feel like a physical OT, without Otah's vagina and appetite would be a good direction for us.

#160 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Collins will likely go somewhere in the 2nd. He is predicted to move to OG in the NFL and, frankly, I think there will be better players at OT or OG left at that point such as Gabe Jackson or even Antonio Richardson. 

#161 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

week 12 standoffs

Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma St. 6'0 200.

Marqise Lee

Carlos Hyde

Jeremiah Attaocha

Sammy Watkins

Tre Mason

Kareem Martin

#162 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,264 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Green-Beckham isn't eligible, but I do like him... a ton. He's the slower version of Megatron but Dorial might end up being the stronger and more physical receiver of the two.

Ealy reminds me alot of CJ. G-Man will definitely be looking to add depth at the DE position in case Hardy leaves. Keep on an eye on Stanford's Gardner too. He was having a great season before the injury.

I honestly believe we'll take a corner early in this draft. Norman is a goner and Dockery and/or Thomas could be released too. It'll either be Purifoy, Dennard or Ekpre-Olomu.

#163 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Green-Beckham isn't eligible, but I do like him... a ton. He's the slower version of Megatron but Dorial might end up being the stronger and more physical receiver of the two.

Ealy reminds me alot of CJ. G-Man will definitely be looking to add depth at the DE position in case Hardy leaves. Keep on an eye on Stanford's Gardner too. He was having a great season before the injury.

I honestly believe we'll take a corner early in this draft. Norman is a goner and Dockery and/or Thomas could be released too. It'll either be Purifoy, Dennard or Ekpre-Olomu.

Gettlemen has done great getting quality corners in FA. I'd like to see him continue that trend and go after a WR/TE or oline in the draft.

#164 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,264 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Gettlemen has done great getting quality corners in FA. I'd like to see him continue that trend and go after a WR/TE or oline in the draft.

Yeah, but he's done a very solid job in drafting them too in New York. I don't see him neglecting the secondary with a deep draft class this upcoming year.

#165 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

The Panthers should be picking toward the end of the 2014 NFL Draft and one OL player to keep our eye on is  Iowa OT Brandon Scherff.

He hasn't received the media attention of other Big Ten blockers (like Michigan's Taylor Lewan, for example), but he's earning rave reviews from scouts, who view him as one of the country's most pro-ready offensive linemen due to his size, strength and versatility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com