Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herbert The Love Bug

Charlotte v. Campbell Game Thread

Niner National    535

The pick six on the second play made #10 on ESPN Top 10 plays.

Atmosphere yesterday was great. Couldn't have really asked for a better inaugural game.

It was miserably hot yesterday though. I saw a few people pass out and I was feeling pretty awful for most of the game due to the heat.

After halftime a lot of people tried to retreat to the shade, but there really isn't much in that stadium.

Can't wait to see us play again next week. Although we play a DII opponent next week, they offer 36 scholarships. Campbell offers 0. I expect a tougher game.

• Pie 1

Jase    12,322

^yeah, someone in my group passed out and had to go to the med trailer.  If you weren't hydrating yesterday, you were going to have trouble.

Niner National    535

TV ratings are out....

Charlotte got a 2.9 compared to NC State's .7 in the same time slot. Pretty good showing for a FCS program playing a crap opponent. 

:thumbsu:

Kitten Diver    29

Are those state wide or local? I actually expect us to do better than unc/state if they are playing a low level opponent this year in the local ratings. But good showing nonetheless!

Niner National    535

Are those state wide or local? I actually expect us to do better than unc/state if they are playing a low level opponent this year in the local ratings. But good showing nonetheless!

Charlotte market. I'm sure State captured the highest market share in Raleigh by a wide margin.

Kitten Diver    29

I believe he has a relative at on the staff or in the AD.

I'd bet its more some combination of wanting his name on a stadium, trying to one up McColl and Everett and a way to profit at some point in the near future.

Niner National    535

His grandson is on the coaching staff, but he donated to have his name on the field before his grandson was even hired. It wasn't until almost a year later that he decided he also wanted to have his name on the stadium so he donated $10 million more.

More than anything he just wanted to support the hometown team. He said Charlotte is his home and he wanted to invest in his hometown team.

In addition to the $10 million, he donated an additional amount to endow a scholarship in the name of his son that just died.