Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodbye David Gettis

801 posts in this topic

Posted

i don't know if this is how it works but Gettis wasn't on the Injured/waved official list so i'm guessing he's completely gone.

Posted

i don't know if this is how it works but Gettis wasn't on the Injured/waved official list so i'm guessing he's completely gone.

He's a FA, likely got waived/Injured cleared waivers and the team reached an injury settlement with him. Just hasn't been announced yet. 

Posted

Honestly in the one game that Edwards played, he did really well. He was open consistently and made a few clutch third down catches. 

He did really well.... for Armanti. Which was still average to below average for a WR. Two catches. Gettis didn't log less than 3 in any game he's played this year, including some in heavy traffic across the middle while taking some hard hits.

Neither of them make any valuable contribution to the team and should both be gone, imo, but if you line them up, even with all of his problems with the playbook, Gettis has been a better receiver for the Panthers than Edwards.

Posted

Yes Gettis participated in training camp, and by all accounts played poorly.

You keep saying "AE only looked good in shorts against his own teammates".  Well what does it say about Gettis that he didn't even look good in shorts against his own teammates?

One last question, do you think it is intelligent to keep players who are playing poorly in practice based on production three seasons ago?

1. Gettis had 10 catches for 100+ yards in the preseason while AE had 2 for 35.

Gettis while not playing for 2 years has more production then AE.

2. I've already stated I put more weight on what you do against outside competition then what you do against Teammates. This is my opinion and it will never change. It is different thing facing guys not allowed to hit you then guys that are.

3. Cam isn't a good practice player. AI was never a good practice player and never liked practice.

Jake wasn't a starter his 1st game here because Rodney Peete was a better practice player. How did that work out again??

1 person likes this

Posted

He did really well.... for Armanti. Which was still average to below average for a WR. Two catches. Gettis didn't log less than 3 in any game he's played this year.

Neither of them make any valuable contribution to the team and should both be gone, imo, but if you line them up, even with all of his problems with the playbook, Gettis has been a better receiver for the Panthers than Edwards.

Not disagreeing or agreeing, but if Anderson had found him he could have had 5 or 6 catches in the game he played. That's how often he got open. 

Posted

Gettis must have gotten scooped up...

Here's the latest roster

http://www.panthers.com/team/roster.html

Or we paid an injury settlement to release him.

2 people like this

Posted

Who knows? You could be right. I'm just waiting for the press conference at this point

Brenton Bersin from Wofford made the PS.... He's got ties to JR though, so I don't know how much of this is talent or a hook up.... Wasn't at TC... Anybody that was there have any insight

Posted

This is the most likely situation, It just hasn't been announced yet. 

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL @ comparing David Gettis getting cut to letting Peppers, Kasay, or Moose leave.

Credibility = gone.

Red's Reading comprehension = Fail

Credibility = gone

But I love how butthurt you are right now.

Posted

Who knows? You could be right. I'm just waiting for the press conference at this point

Yeah no idea, just speculating. PFF hasn't updated their waver tracker, but I have no idea how fast they do that.

Posted

Red's Reading comprehension = Fail

Credibility = gone

But I love how butthurt you are right now.

I'm still laughing. This is hilarious. Thank you.