Sorry I'm late to the thread....I've been spending Labor Day laboring in the yard.
I'm happy to have The Growler be the host for the Huddle Tailgate Party. What we do is not exactly the same as what you all have done for the past few years, but we do offer some cool amenities and change can be good (Hurney). Here are some points to help clarify and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
- We start the party three hours before the game (typically 10am since most of our games are 1p on Sunday).
- For Sunday games we cannot serve beer until 12p, so we do a BYOB from 10a-12p. This is why we have to limit the BYOB ticket to 6 beers
- The tailgate runs until halftime (approx. 2:30pm). The VIP area stays open until about an hour after the game (approx. 5p)
- I've rented the entire lot so there are no cars on the lot, but we have parking spaces right across the street we can use. They were charging $20 for those spaces for the preseason games, so hopefully they won't jack them up for the regular season
- We will have a good local band at each party.
- We will either have a food truck or two or Mac's Speed Shop cooking at each party.
So again, it's different from the past, but hopefully you'll come out and give it a shot and enjoy yourselves.