Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Expert predictions for the season

23 posts in this topic

Posted

The national media favors teams based on what you did the previous season, how large of a market your fan base represents, your QB, and how many well known offensive weapons he has available.

The large market factor can override having a below average QB with no weapons, and having accomplished nothing the previous season, which is why you'll hear every fuging single detail about the Jets for god sake.

We're a small market team, with a losing record last season, a well known QB, and no weapons other than Smith by their estimation.

Even though we all know we can beat ATL for instance, the national media will slob on ATL's knob because they have the market, the QB, the weapons, and the winning record last season. Fans in the know are fully aware that we have a good chance of sweeping ATL this season, but the national media has their system and they're stuck with it.

True statement.  You can't underestimate the douchebaggery of ESPN and other major media outlets. They are all over the Steelers, Cowboys, Jets...Hell, they even cover the fugging Bills more thoroughly than they cover the Panthers.

They barely give any coverage to teams in small markets (especially in the south).  Look at Tenn. and Jax.  If you don't win 12 or 13 games, ESPN and NFLN ain't got the time of day for you.

They have their own angry gods to appease and it has to do with advertising revenue.  Don't hate them for it though.  Its the corporate culture of our nation.  Hey, that John Clayton makes funny-ass promos.

If we win 9 or 10 games, then ESPN can always rewrite history and say they had us in the wild card all along.  Its a win-win for them.

Posted

It's funny how Rivera is asked about Cam's development, the offensive line weaknesses, and the questionable secondary. I want a reporter brave enough to ask him if he feels like he's holding the team back, what's his response to being seen as a weak link of the team.

1 person likes this

Posted

We are no different than any other team in the league at this point as far as a fan base.

Browns fans are thinking the playoffs run through Cleveland

Cards fans think their QB is the missing link to challenge their division for top spot

Lions fans think their RB was all that was missing

Yada Yada Yada

After Monday night, each team will have a new perspective. Hope ours is different than last years post game one thoughts

Posted

NFL Network just had a segment about predictions for season awards.

WIllie had Luke Kuechly at DPOY

That fullback guy from the Saints, Heath Evans, mentioned Star Lotulelei a few minutes later in a different topic. Said that he will have a big impact this season.

Some douche bag said Kaepernick will win NFL MVP. It gets to me so bad how over rated this guy is. He has it so easy in SF. They could use their punter as a QB and still get into the Super Bowl.

To be honest, Kap and Wilson are overrated. Wilson is more of a game manager from what I've noticed from him.

Posted

I am excited about this year. Last year we had expectations to live up to, this year we have something to prove.

Posted

We're a small market team, with a losing record last season, a well known QB, and no weapons other than Smith by their estimation.

perceived as a small market. . and they know guys like Ray Lewis and other defensive stars as well.

Posted

Jim Miller picked us to win the NFC South on the Sirius NFL network show Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwan yesterday. Said we have the best defense in the conference. For what it's worth he also called the Bears winning the North 2 years ago.

Posted

The experts are all tools! Panthers for Super Bowl!

Posted

I predict Sean Payton will sit up in the booth and do this

peytonbinocs.gif

Posted

I predict Sean Payton will sit up in the booth and do this

peytonbinocs.gif

that still makes me laugh everytime I see it

Posted

What are some of your predictions for the NFL season? I've seen a thread or two predicting our season but I haven't seen anything predicting the NFL season as a whole and since Kickoff is 2nite here goes mine

AFC:

1.Broncos

2. Ravens

3. Texans

4. Pats

5. Bengals

6. Steelers

Yes three in the AFC North

NFC:

1. Giants

2. 49ers

3. Panthers

4. Packers

5. Rams

6. Cowboys

Yes, no Seattle or Atlanta

In the AFC I have the Broncos coming out. In the NFC I have the packers coming out.

I have the Packers beating the Broncos in the Superbowl.

MVP: A. Rodgers

DMVP: Well, Luke of course.