Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

WR is, and will be, the biggest need on this team.

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 jopie87

jopie87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationStanton, Ca

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

What did SF get Boldin for? A 6th round?

Was just about to past this, it only took a freaking 6th to get Boldin. The exact type of WR we need, for a freaking 6th.

#32 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

We had an advantage in TOP until Dwill fumbled the ball. That was our 49th play. With such a great defense I understand but it's like we're putting pressure on the D. We need to pressure the other team with dominating D and quick strike offense. We were stagnant

Our offense wasn't quick, and it didn't strike...so how is that on the defense though?

They had 12 points...and that is with our numerous turnovers/blunders.

#33 CelibatePimpv2.0

CelibatePimpv2.0

• NEWB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I don't understand all the Lafell hate. 

Cam had one bad throw to Smitty, Olsen had 2 drops, Cam threw 2 away because of pressure, overthrew Ginn on 1. He only had 1 more incompletion that I don't remember. I don't see what Lafell has to do with this.

You don't think he would be getting the ball if he was getting open?

#34 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

This organization don't pull moves like that San Fran move. Offseason rolls around and we're stuck in quick sand

#35 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

We need a fugging offensive coordinator worth a crap. We should be running more than 49 plays in a game.

What was wrong with the game Shula called?  Seemed to me to be an excellent gameplan that was executed poorly by the players.  Shula didn't fumble in the redzone and Shula didn't drop any passes that hit his hands.  Shula also wasn't the one who couldn't execute blocks on the Seattle scrubs.

The only good thing on offense imo was the overall game that Shula called.

#36 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Our offense wasn't quick, and it didn't strike...so how is that on the defense though?

They had 12 points...and that is with our numerous turnovers/blunders.

I mean boot leg play action 20 yard passes. If we can roll out a three game win streak and break our slow start MO and begin to evolve I will be surprised. I think we will continue to be an easy team to game plan for. If we had an O. Like the 49ers I believe we would be a safe play off pick.

#37 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,834 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

I don't know, after watching Captain and Thomas look like they had to climb up the beanstalk to swat at flies, I'd say corner is a pretty big concern.

#38 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

What did SF get Boldin for? A 6th round?

That made me spit out my jerky good job sir funny stuff

#39 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

boldin wouldn't have come here. Said he wanted to play for a contender or retire. Would you play for the niners or panthers if you wanted a chance at another ring in the next year or two?

#40 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

We need some of those guys that catch passes i forget what you call them and a few of those guys that stop the other team from catching passes.

#41 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,367 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

With only 1 on the roster after this season, I'd definitely say WR is a major need. lol 

#42 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Don't worry. We have Cam Newton. No need to upgrade the offense. He can continue to lead the team in rushing too.

"Who needs WR help when you have Cam Newton?"----The Huddle, Summer 2013, 2012

"We should draft every position and go after every position in free agency but those areas that can help Cam."----The Huddle, Summer 2013, 2013

#43 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Is this déjà vu?

I feel like I've seen this thread every year since 2005.

#44 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Well let's see..we got Hixon that can never get off the bike, Edwards that still isn't doing much come game day,Ginn who has a track record of not being much of a route runner with iffy hands,and Lafell who is not a second caliber WR on most teams and fails to even show up at all against top tier teams. Like Alfred E Newman says: what me worry?

#45 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,931 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Shula's play calling was fundamentally sound for old school football, but I don't know if it's the appropriate play calling for the tools that we have.  I was expecting Shula to open up the offense all day long, but it never happened. Not many out passes to the RBs, screen plays, draw plays two-TE sets...nothing.  Today, Shula was the Highway Patrolman who intentionally slows down traffic by merging onto the highway and drives for miles at the speed limit and dares you to pass him. The only thing is that Shula never pulled off and got out of the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.