Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roster changes?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

does captain really suck that bad or is it the zone coverage breaking down because Wilson bought more time legitimate question? How was the rotation for our cb's figured you could mix and match that group like our dline? other then that i agree with everyone else get some oline help, and someone to play ST the right way

Posted

I doubt we see any changes

Posted

#2 is also fitting for this team at times. Lacking mental capacity to do poo.

I'm such a schizophrenic fan. I did not handle yesterday's loss well (see melt down post in game thread). There's times I feel like we could be close to having something, and then the other times I feel like we just keep circling the toilet bowl. It's agrivating.

Posted

Norman is the new Gettis..

Posted

It boggles my mind that some of you guys think that after having the entire training camp to evaluate players that you think our #1 CB is on the bench. Norman is on the bench cause he doesn't deserve to start yet.

If our safety wouldn't have been out of position on the deep pass we would not be having this conversation...

Posted

Put it this way...other team scores twelve total points you have to win that game.One blown coverage shouldn't be the deciding factor in a game like this.Scoring seven points is as sorry ass a it gets. This is not the conference to have an impotent offense and win.

1 person likes this

Posted

What should happen:

Norman to start

Thomas benched

Williams on ir

New lineman picked up

A. smith released

Most likely:

No changes

I didnt hear Norman's name once, but I am watching from a feed.  It looked like they replaced Thomas with DJ, was Norman getting any PT?  Also, Capt is kinda iffy too.

Posted

I didnt hear Norman's name once, but I am watching from a feed. It looked like they replaced Thomas with DJ, was Norman getting any PT? Also, Capt is kinda iffy too.

. Captain is more than iffy. I hate seeing cb's tackling their man. I'd rather see a pass deflected or int. captain was getting lit up by r.w. . But I guess it wasn't as noticeable.

Posted

That might be #1 but a close second is throwing a hail Mary instead of trying a 50 yard field goal to end the half against I think the Bears last season.

True, an RR said he did not want to pressure Medlock in this situation. Unbelievable. The past two seasons had their (coaching genius) moments.

Posted

While I am continually annoyed by playing with such a large cushion by our DBs, Josh Thomas didn't lose the game.  The offense did.  It's been said pretty consistently by others (and I agree), that when you hold an opponent to 12 points, you really need to win.

So let's look at the offense:

-Cut Cam because he didn't hit LaFell when he was running free, AND he played it safe the whole game?

-Cut Williams because he fumbled at the end?

-Cut Olsen because he had some major drops (where did these come from?)

-Cut the coaches because they weren't aggressive enough?

The Knee-Jerk reactions are the huddle are hilarious.  I appreciate the depths of fervor for our team, but we also need to respect there are certain realities.  When you don't make plays, or the other guys make'em; you're going to lose.  (possible misuse of semicolon!)

My take away from Sunday is:  Don't play to not lose.  Play to win (like our D did most of the game), and take some risks when you have someone out pacing the secondary (Ginn).

2 people like this

Posted

Josh Thomas gave up a QB passer rating of 158.3 when being targeted by Russel Wilson.

nuff said.

Posted

Since everyone mentioned Garry Williams I will look elsewhere. Whether Thomas or Norman starts depends on whether we will play more man or zone. Or whether Normannhas improved in zone coverage. He is much better in man coverage but struggled in zone coverage. If he has improved he starts I think. I think Scott starts at guard I just don't know if it is right or left. I think Ginn gets more work at wide receiver as we throw some deep. I think Ormond sits a game.