#1 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

- The three highest graded players were Star Lotulelei (+2.8), Greg Hardy (+2.7and Derrick Coleman (+2.4).

- The three lowest graded players were Chris Scott (-5.6), Marshawn Lynch (-3.1)and K.J. Wright (-2.9).

- Despite completing all bar one of his attempts over 10 yards in the air (with the other dropped), Cam Newton attempted just six passes over the distance.

Jermaine Kearse only ran 15 routes but averaged 3.27 yards per route run. That wasn’t quite as many as Doug Baldwin at 3.6, but just further evidence of how deep this team is at receiver. It was however Golden Tate that led the team in routes run with 31.

- Both Charles Johnson and Hardy had four quarterback disruptions. In a win for pass protection nobody else had more.

#2 gmonjimbo

gmonjimbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

- The three highest graded players were Star Lotulelei (+2.8), Greg Hardy (+2.7and Derrick Coleman (+2.4).

- The three lowest graded players were Chris Scott (-5.6), Marshawn Lynch (-3.1)and K.J. Wright (-2.9).

- Despite completing all bar one of his attempts over 10 yards in the air (with the other dropped), Cam Newton attempted just six passes over the distance.

Jermaine Kearse only ran 15 routes but averaged 3.27 yards per route run. That wasn’t quite as many as Doug Baldwin at 3.6, but just further evidence of how deep this team is at receiver. It was however Golden Tate that led the team in routes run with 31.

- Both Charles Johnson and Hardy had four quarterback disruptions. In a win for pass protection nobody else had more.

Star looks like a future all-pro.  Max Unger was first-team all pro last year and Star moved him like a rag doll a few times yesterday.

#3 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I thought Chris Scott did pretty good yesterday. Star is a monster and I love him.

#4 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,176 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

We are just as good or better at where we thought the strengths of this team were.

Unfortunately, we are just as bad or worse at areas we thought were weaknesses.

#5 stratopanther

stratopanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationCentral VA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Could we have a rookie of the year for the third year in a row?

#6 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

I thought Chris Scott did pretty good yesterday. Star is a monster and I love him.

overall, the oline did it's job yesterday. scott was adequate, but he graded out as the worst body on the line yesterday (-5.6)...and the second worse wasn't even close (travelle Wharton -1.5).

#7 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

I would like to see the specifics on why Scott was so "bad". I just finished watching the game and he looked pretty decent.

#8 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,345 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Do they grade out coach's sideline appearance?

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Scott did really well early, he just got tired down the stretch (same with Wharton).

Both will get better as they get back in shape.

#10 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

I would like to see the specifics on why Scott was so "bad". I just finished watching the game and he looked pretty decent.

pff grading

part of the article...

The goal of our detailed grading process is to gauge how players execute their roles over the course of a game by looking at the performance of each individual on each play. We look beyond the stat sheet at game footage to try to gain an understanding of how well a lineman is blocking on a given play, how much space and help a runner is being given on a play, how effectively a pass rusher brings pressure or how well a defender covers a receiver.
We collect lots of extra statistics such as yards after catch, yards after contact, missed tackles, dropped passes etc., but our real focus is on grading individual performance on each play. Did an offensive lineman seal his block to spring the runner through a hole? Did a defensive lineman beat his block to force a runner to change the play direction in the backfield? Was the crucial third-down completion due to the quarterback beating the coverage or a breakdown in coverage?
We examine not just the statistical result of a play, but the context of that statistic. The defensive tackle may have made a tackle on a play, but if it was 3rd-and-5 and he got blown 4 yards off of the ball to make the tackle after a 6-yard gain, that’s not a good play.

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,277 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

the death star is going to ruin some offensive drives this year if he keeps it up.

#12 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Stars strength is unreal.

#13 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,248 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Star is scary good. and that was his first professional game ever.

wow.

#14 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Could we have a rookie of the year for the third year in a row?

has a DT EVER wont rookie of the year?

Im sure Star would have to move a mountain (and Carolina would have to start winning) for him to get even a sniff a DROY

#15 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

has a DT EVER wont rookie of the year?

ndamukong suh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.