Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kalil says Scott graded out perfect

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Per Bill Voth, he is reporting Kalil says Scott graded out perfect in pass protection.

So I figured if we had the scoop on a coaches grade we could compare that to most people's favorite grade site PFF.

PFF actually only had one linemen graded horrible in run and pass protection. Scott. So either PFF is completely full of poo.....or we grade with a curve. Or we just lie to guys to give them fake confidence.

I'd have to rewatch, I don't recall any linemen doing that bad on pass protection. PFF clearly singled Scott out though.

Just found it interesting. Carry on.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

The Oline played pretty well overall, but that is good stuff.

Posted · Report post

Per Bill Voth, he is reporting Kalil says Scott graded out perfect in pass protection.

So I figured if we actual had the scoop on a coaches grade we could compare that to most people's favorite grade site PFF.

PFF actually only had one linemen graded horrible in run and pass protection. Scott. So either PFF is completely full of poo.....or we grade with a curve. Or we just lie to guys to give them fake confidence.

I'd have to rewatch, I don't recall any linemen doing that bad on pass protection. PFF clearly singled Scott out though.

Just found it interesting. Carry on.

The difference is we know what protections were called and what every guy should do on every play.  PFF for all the good they do, watch film and infer who did what.  There is a huge difference.

Remember they didn't say his run blocking was great just passing.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Ya PFF seemed really harsh on him, watching the game live I thought he played well

Posted · Report post

The difference is we know what protections were called and what every guy should do on every play.  PFF for all the good they do, watch film and infer who did what.  There is a huge difference.

Remember they didn't say his run blocking was great just passing.

I agree...I often use PFF too much I think which is why I posted this. They potentially can be way off on things. This is an example of them stating what would essentially be the polar opposite of a coach.

Posted · Report post

Yea PFFs grading system can be hit or miss.. Have always said that...they are useful to me as a subscriber for their detailed stats.

Posted · Report post

I don't think any fan who watched the game thought Scott did a bad job pass blocking. Now things will get interesting as we play teams that can actually stop our rushing attack and force us to pass. That's when we'll find out what Scott is made of.

Posted · Report post

I tend to believe the guy playing next to him over other sources. Of course I doubt he'd publicly throw him under the bus, but Kalil would certainly know better.

Posted · Report post

the most likely explanation is that Kalil is boosting his head up to the media in the hopes that his play improves because they think he has the tools. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Also Bill Bellicheck said something in preseason to effect of unless you know a teams playbook and individual players responsibilities nobody including himself can say with 100% certainty who is at a fault on several plays

Posted · Report post

I tend to believe the guy playing next to him over other sources. Of course I doubt he'd publicly throw him under the bus, but Kalil would certainly know better.

I dont know the guy standing next to you has a tendency to view other teammates with rose colored glasses because they like them as a person or because they try hard or whatever reason. 

Posted · Report post

he looked decent to my untrained eye, but of course that was against a subpar seattle defensive line.