Kalil says Scott graded out perfect

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,434 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Per Bill Voth, he is reporting Kalil says Scott graded out perfect in pass protection.

So I figured if we had the scoop on a coaches grade we could compare that to most people's favorite grade site PFF.

PFF actually only had one linemen graded horrible in run and pass protection. Scott. So either PFF is completely full of poo.....or we grade with a curve. Or we just lie to guys to give them fake confidence.

I'd have to rewatch, I don't recall any linemen doing that bad on pass protection. PFF clearly singled Scott out though.

Just found it interesting. Carry on.

#2 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

The Oline played pretty well overall, but that is good stuff.

#3 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Per Bill Voth, he is reporting Kalil says Scott graded out perfect in pass protection.

So I figured if we actual had the scoop on a coaches grade we could compare that to most people's favorite grade site PFF.

PFF actually only had one linemen graded horrible in run and pass protection. Scott. So either PFF is completely full of poo.....or we grade with a curve. Or we just lie to guys to give them fake confidence.

I'd have to rewatch, I don't recall any linemen doing that bad on pass protection. PFF clearly singled Scott out though.

Just found it interesting. Carry on.

The difference is we know what protections were called and what every guy should do on every play.  PFF for all the good they do, watch film and infer who did what.  There is a huge difference.

Remember they didn't say his run blocking was great just passing.

#4 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Ya PFF seemed really harsh on him, watching the game live I thought he played well

#5 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,434 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

The difference is we know what protections were called and what every guy should do on every play.  PFF for all the good they do, watch film and infer who did what.  There is a huge difference.

I agree...I often use PFF too much I think which is why I posted this. They potentially can be way off on things. This is an example of them stating what would essentially be the polar opposite of a coach.

#6 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Yea PFFs grading system can be hit or miss.. Have always said that...they are useful to me as a subscriber for their detailed stats.

#7 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

I don't think any fan who watched the game thought Scott did a bad job pass blocking. Now things will get interesting as we play teams that can actually stop our rushing attack and force us to pass. That's when we'll find out what Scott is made of.

#8 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,126 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

I tend to believe the guy playing next to him over other sources. Of course I doubt he'd publicly throw him under the bus, but Kalil would certainly know better.

#9 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

the most likely explanation is that Kalil is boosting his head up to the media in the hopes that his play improves because they think he has the tools. 

#10 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Also Bill Bellicheck said something in preseason to effect of unless you know a teams playbook and individual players responsibilities nobody including himself can say with 100% certainty who is at a fault on several plays

#11 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I tend to believe the guy playing next to him over other sources. Of course I doubt he'd publicly throw him under the bus, but Kalil would certainly know better.

I dont know the guy standing next to you has a tendency to view other teammates with rose colored glasses because they like them as a person or because they try hard or whatever reason. 

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,889 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

he looked decent to my untrained eye, but of course that was against a subpar seattle defensive line.

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

I thought Scott and Byers both stepped in sufficiently, but what the hell do I know about olinemen and efficiency?  nothing, just the eye test.

#14 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,434 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

I don't think any fan who watched the game thought Scott did a bad job pass blocking. Now things will get interesting as we play teams that can actually stop our rushing attack and force us to pass. That's when we'll find out what Scott is made of.

If Williams never runs in the A gap....it should get easier for teams to stop him. Gotta change that

#15 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,368 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Yup, this... PFF is good but there's only so much they can do when they don't know what his assignments were, etc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com