Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zod

Best Buffalo Wings in Charlotte?

151 posts in this topic

- Lebowskis on East BLVD

- Killingtons in Huntersville

Best I've had that are fresh and not from a chain. 

Best chain wings? -Hickory Tavern 

Hickory Tavern?  Are you kidding me?  Their wings are one small notch above Tyson frozen wings.

2 people like this

(never try a 6-wing bet with the nuclear hot sauce or whatever it was called, couldn't even make it to the 2nd wing)

I put down 6 of their nuclear sauce wings.  They were hot, but nothing that was unbearable.

The Triple Atomic wings at Quaker State is hotter...and those were still good.

Hottest damn wing I have ever eaten was made by Ranucci (at one of our tailgates a couple seasons ago).  He was testing to see how hot he could make them (were going to be his Squeal Like a Pig wings at his restaurant).  TattooRhino and I were his test cases.....those damn things were PAINFUL.

going to hooters when you want wings is like dumping a can of cold beef ravioli in a bowl and nuking it in the microwave for thirty seconds when you want italian

Not going to disagree with this at all...even I can't figure it out.

I like really good wings, but about 3 times a year I want some from Hooters, I's crazy.

1 person likes this

I keep my wings on the  smoker for about two hours at 225-250.  After that, I take them off the smoker and put them in a fryer for about a minute to crisp up the skin.  Works like a champ!

ah yes, smo-fried...I've only done it once because it's a lot of work, but it is a very good technique.

Not going to disagree with this at all...even I can't figure it out.

I like really good wings, but about 3 times a year I want some from Hooters, I's crazy.

it's ok, IHOP is nasty as hell but every once in a while i get this odd craving for it that can't be fulfilled by anything else.

1 person likes this

If you answer a chain restaurant for best of anything then you need to get out more. That's like saying Chillis has the best ribs or Outback has the best steaks.

Well aren't you mr fancy "i know a lot of yummy local restaurants" pants

Well aren't you mr fancy "i know a lot of yummy local restaurants" pants

Now...did I say I knew a lot of yummy restaurants or did I say that I knew chain restaurants weren't the most yummy?

If you're going to make fun of me at least get what I said straight. That was a terrible effort.

I put down 6 of their nuclear sauce wings.  They were hot, but nothing that was unbearable.

The Triple Atomic wings at Quaker State is hotter...and those were still good.

Hottest damn wing I have ever eaten was made by Ranucci (at one of our tailgates a couple seasons ago).  He was testing to see how hot he could make them (were going to be his Squeal Like a Pig wings at his restaurant).  TattooRhino and I were his test cases.....those damn things were PAINFUL.

sounds like he used pure capsaicin in those

Not quite, but close.  Still probably not close to the True Death challenge, which I'm guessing they have to really concentratet he pepper to hit 7.1 million Scoville units they clame.  Only for the idiotic.  AKA Madhatter.

My wings I make are the best....I'm from buffalo...so we know how to make wings...everyone that comes over to watch the game wants me to make them....

playing the bills calls for beef, don't you think?

1 person likes this

DD Peckers in Pineville.

Peckers are awesome. The restaurant too.