Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Incoherent ramblings about a stupid team name....Bills

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#49 JJT

JJT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

#50 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Um, black cougars have been rumored to exist in the western part of North Carolina for hundreds of years. Couple that with the American southeast Native American tribes believing that the panther was a sign of death, you have a combination of sources linking the panther to the Carolinas.

The panther (which would just be a black cougar) is a folk legend in these parts, and deserves to be acknowledged.

Then why not the Carolina Cougars?

#51 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

ABA copyright?

#52 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

The Buffalo Chips

#53 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

ABA team name.

#54 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

A+ , will read again

It was a great post but I am afraid reading it more than once will cause an IQ drop.

#55 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

It was a great post but I am afraid reading it more than once will cause an IQ drop.

Your words inspire. I am not going to think about it yet, but there might just be an incoherent rambling sequence of unrelated and unsubstantiated logic carefully designed to attack the Giants next weekend.  I am starting to question a lot of things that organization is about and it disturbs me. But first, we must remain focused on the unemployed New Yorkers /unwanted semi-Canadians who reside to the Northwest of the employed New Yorkers.

#56 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

I routinely have to break out Orwell and Pynchon after I log off here to be able to maintain a semblance of cogent thought.

#57 ckroush

ckroush

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

There is no such thing as a black cougar. Never been photographed, never been bred. The only ones that were "found" in the Southeast were identified incorrectly and were either margays or ocelots. The black panther is a JAGUAR. It is the black jaguar that was associated to death by the Choctaw.

#58 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Well done

#59 BuffaloBills62

BuffaloBills62

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

So, the Panthers name is better?  Their most popular fan lives in Winston-freaking-Salem.  Papa Panther is a retard and no better then Fireman Ed.  This is a team that proudly wore "Got Jake" shirts.  I wonder the last time someone supported those?  Yeah, you made the Super Bowl and probably should have won if NE had not cheated... but you didn't.  Your team was built by former Bills.  Your team has less support then UNC basketball.  There are as many fans of Dallas, Washington and Pittsburgh in NC as there are Panthers fans.  The state makes more with NASCAR then it does with the Panthers.  Your basketball team draws less then your minor league hockey team.  Charlotte is a great city but could care less about football.  It'd be worse in Raleigh or Columbia.  Everyone forgets SC because they follow USC and Clemson much more.  The stadium itself is too commercial and glossy feeling.  It is not a fun experience.  The old Browns stadium was better.  Even the Pontiac Silverdome had a better enviroment.  Then you have to use some silly Panther mascot and Rick Flair to get people going.  Rick Flair.  That's what I leave you with.  Rick Flair.

#60 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

So, all I got from that post is, you have no idea what the difference between "than" and "then" is.